In nail design, every nuance is important. Usually fashionistas focus on the selection of shades of gel polishes, textured coatings or colorful decor. However, there is another factor that has a significant impact on the perception of the design as a whole and the choice of its elements – this is the shape of the nail plates. Manicure for square nails is a universal solution that is equally well suited for different sizes and widths of plates, has no age or decoration restrictions.
The correct square, with straight edges along the entire length of the plate and an evenly cut, horizontal tip, has a number of advantages:
- wide free edges break less often, with honor stand the test of massive decorations;
- a short and elongated square visually looks neat, more gentle than pointed or expanded tips. At the same time, it leaves a lasting impression of style and elegance;
- straight tips significantly increase the area of the plates, allowing nail artists and fashionistas to freely choose the methods and means of nail design, use beautiful techniques that require a lot of space;
- for such nails, all known design techniques are suitable, as well as creative combinations.
Such nails look especially stylish on graceful, refined hands with long thin “musical” fingers. For neat, cut nails, a classic square is suitable. You can also slightly round the sharp tips.
And for long plates, a shape slightly tapering towards the tips is more suitable.
Nail masters, as in every previous season, presented in 2021 a selection of their developments with the most popular, trendy combinations and directions.
Ideas 2022 for gentle manicure on square nails in nude tones
Sophisticated in its simplicity, light and serene nude design is timeless.
It is practical, does not require careful selection of outfits and cosmetics, as it adapts perfectly to bold, sporty or classic styles.
This season, beauties are actively using the following colors:
- beige, peach;
- pink, blue;
- milky, gray;
- pistachio, milky brown.
And also – their harmonious combinations.
To decorate a modest pastel, masters use laconic, watercolor or bright drawings, abstractions, twigs and leaves, rhinestones and sparkles, foil and stripes.
A universal solution in manicure for square nails: drawings in the form of geometric shapes
Nails in the form of a slightly rounded rectangle are the best, in terms of aesthetics, option for applying geometric patterns.
Any shapes, ranging from modest stripes and dots, to complex intersections of lines, polyhedrons, will look perfect and stylish. In addition, correctly selected geometry can visually correct too wide or short nails.
In fashion this year:
- vertical and horizontal, diagonal colored stripes and polka dots in combination with colored gel polish;
- points, lines, figures applied with a thin brush, in the style of minimalism;
- “color blocking”, made up of 3-7 different colors, with clear boundaries, painted with sparkles or black paint;
- figures on the jacket or “negative space”;
- a harmonious union of geometry, matte top and sandy sprinkles.
Abstract square manicure theme, trendy in 2022
Abstract images, blots and strokes are gaining popularity.
They are good for their versatility, as they make it possible to choose your favorite shades and plots.
They are performed in different colors, combined with the “quail egg” technique, negative space.
They look great with both matte and glossy finishes, using bright or black and white, pastel colors.
Manicure for square nails with imitation of natural stones
Natural nails with a pattern reminiscent of the texture of natural marble, malachite, turquoise, are especially loved by beautiful ladies.
Depending on the chosen color, the marble design can be weightless and tender, romantic or expressively bright and imposing.
You can decorate them with glitter along the veins, interspersed with kamifubuki, small rhinestones.
Gradient – manicure with multi-colored transitions on square nails
Gradient colors are always in fashion.
Every year, new facets of this skillful technique are revealed to admiring fashionistas.
So, in 2021, a gradient, multi-colored transition from the little finger to the thumb came to the fore.
In addition, each plate is painted in its own shade.
Gorgeous “negative space” manicure technique on square nails, relevant in 2022
For several seasons, “negative space” has been at the top of the popularity rating.
When using this technique, part of the nail plate remains transparent, under a matte or glossy top.
It allows you to soften saturated shades, “unload” an overly catchy decor.
It is successfully combined with:
- geometry, colored blocks;
- french and holes;
- any sparkling jewelry;
- artistic illustrations and three-dimensional figures.
Manicure on square nails: glitter decoration
Glitter decor can be combined with any color palette and design techniques.
This year, gold and silver small and large items, flakes, foil are in demand.
Glitter looks interesting, laid out in the form of certain symbols – hearts, stars, flowers.
Inlaid with crystals and stones on square nails
On square plates, rhinestones and pearls of any size look neat and stylish.
Sparkling elements are laid in the form of various shapes, in a certain order.
Often they are used as accents in drawings.
Charming flower floristry 2022 in manicure on square nails
Nail design is an art that requires creativity and imagination, an excellent sense of proportion.
Floral drawings open up the widest possibilities for the most diverse decor – from modest inflorescences on twigs to chic buds framed by lush greenery.
In this case, performance techniques are used at their discretion:
- graphics, watercolor;
- drawing with ink and gel polish;
- floral patterns on a wet surface;
- three-dimensional drawings and modeling with acrylic;
- stickers and stamping.
Manicure trend 2022: inspiring animal prints on square nails
Nail art with imitation of the color of various animals takes a place in the top ten most popular designs of this season.
The print perfectly matches the skin or skin of different representatives of the animal world:
- predators from the cat family – leopards, tigers, snow leopards, cheetahs;
- colorful herbivores – giraffes, cows, zebras;
- snake skin and turtle shells.
At the service of fashionistas – the whole variety of color palettes. Combinations can be the most…