Almond Oil for Hair: Uses and Benefits
Almond oil is a vegetable oil obtained from the seeds of sweet almonds. It has gained particular popularity in the manufacture of cosmetics and is often added to skin care cosmetics. Also, almond oil is actively used in folk recipes for healing hair.
Benefits of almond oil for hair
Almond oil is made from two types of nuts: sweet and neutral. Almond oil for hair can be used at home undiluted (i.e. pure) or with the addition of additional components. The principle largely depends on the problem itself. It is commonly used as an ingredient in masks.
Almond oil helps with various hair problems:
- Eliminates excessive loss;
- Enhances growth;
- Solves the problem of split ends;
- Treats dandruff;
- Restores thinned structure;
- Strengthens and nourishes the roots;
- Revitalizes strands after dyeing, etc.
Almond oil is rich in vitamins and other beneficial substances. Thanks to its original composition, this cosmetic product helps to neutralize environmental influences (protects against ultraviolet radiation, exhaust gases).
Almond oil improves blood circulation in the scalp and activates metabolic processes.
In the fight against split ends, the saturation of the therapeutic cosmetic product with vitamin A helps. It is thanks to him that the hair retains moisture longer, and the systematic use of almond oil prevents the hair from drying out.
How to use almond oil for hair?
Almond oil is used to make hair masks. They improve the condition of the hair, promote growth and slow down hair loss.
It is most convenient to apply almond oil at night by making a mask:
- Almond oil is applied to curls (full length), tips and roots;
- The exposure time is from 1 to 8 hours. Those. with prolonged retention, it is quite acceptable to use at night;
- To improve the effect, it is recommended to wrap your head. You can use a towel and a shower cap;
- Wash off the mask with almonds with a regular shampoo (you can use a balm) using the double flush method;
- After washing, rinse your head with water diluted with vinegar.
It is not recommended to make a mask with almond too often. 1-2 times a week is enough.
Hair masks with almond oil
Applying pure almond oil is not the only way to improve the condition of your hair with it. There are many recipes for homemade masks that have an even greater effect on the hair, as the composition contains additional useful components.
To almond oil to prepare the mask is often added:
- Other oil formulations, several are possible. Essential oils of rosemary, ginseng root and jojoba will be especially effective;
- Dairy products;
- Egg whites and yolks;
- Aloe and lemon juice;
- liquid honey.
Almond mask for dry hair
To moisturize dry hair, and especially dyed hair, if the paint dries the skin very much, you can use an effective homemade mask recipe based on almond oil.
- 2 yolks;
- 2 tbsp almond oil.
- We mix the ingredients;
- Apply to the basal area of \u200b\u200bthe hair and distribute to the middle of the strands;
- We put on a hat or wrap a towel;
- Leave for 15-20 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
We wash our hair with shampoo 2 times, otherwise there will be a feeling that the head is dirty.
Almond oil mask for oily hair
Almond oil is not the best option for oily hair, so it is better to prepare two separate formulations: for the roots and for the ends. We do not include oil in the first, and in the second 1 tbsp. l.
- 0.25 st. kefir;
- 1 egg white;
- 2 tablespoons brandy;
- 1 tablespoon of cosmetic clay (better to use blue);
- 2 spoons of lemon juice;
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- Mix all ingredients;
- Apply to hair roots and length, approximately 10-15 cm.
Prepare the same composition by adding 1 tablespoon of almond oil to it. Apply the composition to the length and comb the hair with a wide-toothed comb. Wrap hair with cling film and wrap with a terry towel. Wash off the mask after 30 minutes with shampoo.
Almond oil for hair loss
Almond oil strengthens the hair roots, so if there is a problem of hair loss, you can make a special useful mask several times a week. To do this, you need a small amount of almond oil, for example:
- 1 tsp for short hair;
- 1 tbsp for medium length;
- 2 tbsp for long hair;
- Apply oil to the hair roots with massaging movements;
- Wait 3-5 minutes, then comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb in one row;
- Wrap your head with a plastic bag or cling film, put a towel on top;
- Keep the mask for 30 minutes;
- Wash off with warm water and shampoo.
Shampoo my head 2-3 times so that there is no feeling of greasy. You do not need to use a cosmetic balm or hair mask after almond. Your hair will be as smooth as possible.
Almond oil for hair ends
The problem of split ends is familiar to every girl, but the regular use of healthy oils can improve the situation. For…