For girls and women who take care of themselves, well-groomed nails are an integral part of a carefully thought-out image. Properly selected nail design is the final chord. It maintains and enhances the favorable impression of an elegant, taut appearance. One of the universal and popular in 2022 is a blue manicure. Every year, a sophisticated dark and light blue palette occupies the top lines of the popularity rating. And recognized masters of nail design are happy to present new, fascinating ideas based on this wonderful color.
Midnight and cornflower blue tones invariably attract close attention. Saturated, pleasing to the eye shades reminiscent of sparkling sapphires or noble velvet. They pair beautifully with embellishments, negative space, and the amazing cat-eye technique. To create the perfect design in an individual style, just choose the right shade and use the recommendations of professionals who develop trendy nail techniques that are popular this year.
Blue manicure: author’s design of 2022
This year, creativity and creative solutions are in fashion. Monochrome coating is diluted in a variety of ways and means:
- watercolor drawings, stains and strict geometry;
- patterns and floristry applied to a matte top or a neutral background with acrylic sand, foil, sparkles;
- contrasting minimalist design – dots, circles, stripes;
- bubbles applied with soap suds;
- gossamer and unusual nail art, created by hand or using ready-made store solutions.
The focus is on the “different hands” technique and various surface textures on one handle – matte, glossy, mirror, glitter or transparent.
French manicure in cornflower blue tones
Modern variations of French manicure delight with their versatility. Every fashionista, regardless of individual character traits, preferences and age, will find something of her own in this amazingly elegant technique. What do nail artists offer?
- Saturated-bright “smiles” on a transparent basis. You can use not only colored varnishes, but also sequins, glitter, small rhinestones.
- The tips of the nails, decorated in an unusual manner – lace, elegant vignettes and floral ornaments, flowers, straight and curved stripes.
- French combinations with other techniques, accessories, images and geometry.
- One of the most popular trends is the creative highlighting of the holes and tips of the nails in a mirror style.
This design is great with textured finishes and simple gel polish.
Decorating a blue manicure with rhinestones and sparkles
A simple, monochromatic coating literally transforms, one has only to apply a little brilliant decor to it. They use the entire range provided by the modern nail industry:
- pearl pearls;
- small colorless or colored “caviar”;
- crystal chips;
- faceted crystals are transparent and multi-colored, including sunny yellow and bright ruby;
- gold and silver, colored foil in pieces, stripes, crinkled and holographic;
- kamifubuki of different colors, in the form of circles, hearts, stars, polyhedrons;
- sequins in the form of powder or ready-made glitter.
It is enough to accentuate one or two fingers, and a modest design turns into a festive, delightful magnificence.
Gold and silver on a deep blue manicure background
Shiny, golden and silver jewelry does not need advertising. With rich cornflower blue or smoky shades, they look especially rich, luxurious. Usually 1-2 nails are accentuated, but you can use the option of decorating all fingers, from modest to underlined chic, depending on the specific situation.
Luxurious and minimalistic nail art manicure on blue nails
This year there are no strict boundaries for nail artists and fashionistas. On trend:
- concise geometry;
- stripes and polka dots;
- Christmas decorations, snowflakes and starry sky for winter;
- flowers, cute insects and abstractions – for the spring-summer period;
- crimson-gold autumn motifs in the form of maple leaves, rain clouds.
You can depict white and multi-colored pictures on a blue background, or, conversely, make a blue painting on a transparent or light coating.
Marvelous manicure “cat’s eye” in blue tones
For all lovers of catchy, unusual designs, the masters recommend paying attention to the “cat’s eyes” technique. It is with rich blue tones that it looks most impressive, expressive and magical. As if the doors to the endless, mysterious space of space are opening, in which the dots of stars and the lights of distant galaxies flicker. “Cat’s eye” in blue is often combined with a “space” or New Year’s theme – drawings of planets, stars, a crescent, luxurious snowflakes.
Blue manicure ideas 2022 for short nails
When making neat, small nails, nail masters recommend following a number of rules:
- the most suitable tones are rich sky and dark blue;
- the free edge is formed in the form of a square, circle or oval;
- you can combine a monochrome range with negative space, a jacket and patterns, use a matte and glossy finish, a few and single shiny decorations;
- weightless cobwebs and longitudinal lines, patterns, geometric concise figures – the best solution for small nails.
Stylish solutions for blue manicure 2022 for increased length
Long nails are a wonderful platform for bringing the most fantastic, unusual ideas to life. They allow the master not to be limited in the selection of shades, large decorative elements and bright pictures. On such nails you can create:
- artistic compositions for a significant holiday;
- stucco 3D objects in the form of flowers, dragonflies and butterflies, abstract figures, stripes;
- festive bright inlays of crystals of all sizes and shapes, complemented by glitter;
- atmospheric prints in the form of snake scales, tortoise shell.
Designs using watercolor and “cat” technique, cobwebs look great on long nails.
Matte blue manicure
For a flawless, elegant look, ladies have been choosing matting coatings on the surface of their nails for several years now. The bright blue palette looks most impressive, nobly with a matte top. It gives the color additional depth, expressiveness and sophistication, removes too bright shine. Complement it with drawings and sand dressing, rhinestones, glossy accents. The trend is also negative space, combined with laconic geometry, and two-tone strict solutions.