Long beautiful eyelashes adorn the eyes and face. No wonder women resort to all sorts of cosmetics to make them just like that. But, having achieved a good result with the help of building, twisting and so on (not everyone is lucky to have such by nature), it is also important to keep it for a long time. Lush eyelashes also need good care so that they do not begin to thin. We will dedicate this article to an excellent eyelash care product – castor oil.
What substances in the composition of castor oil have a beneficial effect on eyelashes
Castor oil (ricin) is obtained from castor bean seeds. It is a thick viscous consistency with a slight golden hue. The plant itself is poisonous, but the oil from it is safe: with the help of a special pressing technology, all toxic substances remain in the cake. This oil is produced in India, China and Brazil and has been known since time immemorial.
It contains ricinoleic acid, which is not found anywhere else. It also contains stearic, palmitic, linoleic and oleic acids, glycerides. In addition, it is rich in vitamins A, C and E. It is also protein compounds and vegetable fats. Such a unique composition makes the oil indispensable not only for cosmetic, but also for medical purposes.
But we will talk about cosmetics. In a beauty salon, you can make eyelashes completely irresistible with the help of extensions, tinting, twisting. Lamination and botox eyelashes will help save you from daily cosmetic procedures. It will be impossible to look away from your eyes.
In addition to cosmetic, you can also get medical services there that will restore charm to your eyelashes. But you don’t have to go to the salon to take care of your eyelashes, you can do it at home thanks to the amazing properties of the protagonist of this article.
The benefits of castor oil for the growth and strengthening of eyelashes
This unique product, colloquially known as “castor oil”, is used in cosmetology as a nourishing and moisturizing agent.
It has a healing effect on your cilia:
- Intensively moisturizes, protects from the harmful effects of the external environment (temperature changes, ultraviolet radiation). Linoleic acid is responsible for this.
- Palmitic acid contained in the oil promotes better absorption of nutrients.
- Accelerates regeneration processes, this is helped by oleic acid. The structure of each eyelash becomes stronger.
- The content of tocopherol (vitamin E) in the oil accelerates the synthesis of collagen and elastin, gives the hairs a healthy shine.
- Vitamin A promotes recovery from the inside, has an intense therapeutic effect.
- Retinol strengthens hair follicles.
- Vitamin C prevents breakage of eyelashes.
- Ricinic acid is responsible for the appearance of new hairs.
- Stearic acid makes eyelashes soft and velvety.
All this makes your eyelashes long, elastic, soft and voluminous. The cilia themselves become silky and long, and the skin of the eyelids becomes smooth and elastic. Castor oil is especially recommended for those who have sparse and brittle hair.
Rules for the use of castor oil for eyelashes
However, to achieve such a result, castor oil must be used correctly. This is important, because if applied incorrectly, the result may turn out to be completely different from what was expected.
Therefore, we do everything according to the instructions:
- Eyelashes need to be prepared. To do this, we clean the skin of the eyelids from makeup, wash off the dirt and the remnants of the make-up remover, too.
- Castor oil in its purest form apply to the eyelashes with a special makeup brush. A thoroughly washed mascara brush will also work. It is better to wash the brush with baby soap.
If neither one nor the other is available, use a cotton swab, slightly wetting it in the product. Finally, the pads of the fingers are also suitable, but only the hands must be thoroughly washed with soap beforehand.
Oil should be applied from the middle of the hair to the tip. By the beginning of the cilia, it drains itself. Do not apply at the roots of the eyelashes so that the oil does not get into the eyes. Apply in a thin layer to avoid the formation of an oily film covering the eyes.
- Cover after application eyes for a few seconds, allowing the oil to evenly distribute over the cilia.
- After 1 – 1.5 hours eyelashes blot with a dry cloth or cotton pad to remove any remaining oil.
- Don’t touch your eyelashesuntil the oil is absorbed.
It is better to do this in the evening, one to two hours before bedtime, because the oily film on the eyelashes will not allow you to apply cosmetics. In the morning we carry out the usual hygiene procedures. The healing effect will be noticeable only with regular use.
This should be done at least 3 times a week. The course of treatment lasts 2 months. To avoid addiction, take a break between treatments. Enough 2-3 weeks. The effect of the application will also be noticeable after 2-3 weeks.
Fact about eyelashes
Eyelashes protect the eyeballs from dust, foreign objects, and direct ultraviolet rays. In addition, it is generally accepted that rare eyelashes are a sign of insidious, unreliable people.
Castor oil eyelash masks popular in 2022
Castor oil-based masks also have their own therapeutic and cosmetic effect.
Here are some of them that enhance its impact:
- Mix 5 grams of oil with 10 grams of petroleum jelly and add a little, literally one drop of Peruvian balsam. The result of applying such a mask is thick eyelashes.
- If you have grown eyelashes, to restore and strengthen them, mix 15 grams of castor oil with flax, almond, wheat oils, heat it all up in a water bath and apply the mixture on your eyelashes.
- If you add 5 grams of aloe juice to 15 grams of castor oil, you will get a powerful antibacterial effect.
- Mix burdock oil and castor oil in a ratio of 1: 2, add vitamins A and E, and you will get an excellent composition for stimulating eyelash growth.
- Add the same amount of olive oil to the mixture of castor and burdock oils, heat in a water bath. This composition can remove decorative cosmetics. To enhance the effect, you can add a few drops of aloe.
- If the cilia fall out, this remedy will help save the situation: add the same amount of aloe juice and parsley to two dessert spoons of castor oil.
- A mixture of 5 grams of castor oil and the same amount of peach oil will make the cilia soft.
- Combine 6 drops of calendula and chamomile oil extract with 4 milliliters of castor oil. This mask will strengthen the follicles, restore the structure of the cilia, fight swelling and inflammation.
Containers for masks must be prepared in advance – rinse and dry thoroughly, it must be hermetically sealed. You can store the mask in a clean container, a container from under the old carcass is well suited for this.
Apply all masks to the cilia with a thin layer and leave to act for one hour. After that, the rest…