Today, nail masters offer fashionistas different ways of processing nails. This is a healing and caring Japanese technique, and a gentle European unedged, and hardware. However, despite the abundance of choice, edged classic manicure is not inferior to its position. In salons, many nail masters offer clients this particular technique. It is also used at home. Why? Often, only this type of treatment is able to cope with coarsened, strong regrown cuticles, keratinized skin on the side ridges. Neither the eastern technique, nor the cutters, nor the remover are able to cope with such a task in a reasonable time. No one will spend hours softening or grinding a hard layer of skin to remove it with newfangled means. It is easier, faster and easier to cut it with ordinary wire cutters or scissors.
This technique has also undergone changes during its use, becoming more diverse and beneficial to the health of nails. If desired, it can be freely combined with other methods:
- caring and healing spa treatments, healing herbs, essential oils, mineral supplements;
- Brazilian and Japanese;
- European, hardware.
Since it is far from always possible and time to visit a nail salon, many ladies take care of their nails at home. The classic version in this regard is one of the most affordable. It does not require special education and extensive practice. For its implementation, expensive professional devices and the ability to handle them are not needed. Even a novice craftswoman will successfully bring the pens to perfect condition by processing the nail plates and the skin around them. The main thing is to act strictly according to the instructions and observe the safety precautions for working with cutting tools.
What is a trimmed manicure in 2022
About the features of the classical method of processing nail plates, its name clearly speaks: edged. In other techniques, the methods have their own differences:
- when using the European, the regrown cuticle is softened with a remover. This is a special substance containing a mild solvent that acts on dead, dry areas of the skin, dissolving them. Initially, the product was more caustic, and was intended to remove gel polishes and false nails. After processing and softening, the remnants of the cuticle are shifted with an orange tree stick;
- in Japanese, the cuticle is softened with oil and lotion, then simply shifted with a stick.
To perform the modern method of classical nail processing, good tools made of high-quality steel are used:
- rounded or square blades;
- scissors, nipsers or wire cutters;
- pushers are one-sided and two-sided, with different functionality.
The success of work and aesthetic appearance depend on the sharpness of their sharpening and the degree of hardness of the edges. A significant disadvantage of this technology is the high risk of damage, wounds with blades or points. In addition, if the rules for using cutting tools are violated, if there is no thorough disinfection, there is a high probability of introducing an infection into the scratch. Therefore, the work is carried out very carefully, without sudden movements.
Before removing the cuticle, be sure to soften it. For this, baths with water or a decoction of medicinal herbs, a solution of mineral salts at a comfortable temperature are used.
Going to the salon or taking care of your nails on your own, you need to remember: sparing and hardware methods are not applicable to too hard, roughened cuticles. Only a good cutting tool can cope with such a problem. Experienced nail masters, who have long trained their hands, successfully complete the task, cutting off only dead tissue, and leaving a delicate, soft skin. Well, later, when the bulk of the extended and rough skin is successfully eliminated, the girl can switch from classic to European or Japanese manicure.
What tools will be needed in the process of working on a classic manicure
To properly and beautifully make a classic manicure, you need the appropriate tools, special formulations. They are chosen taking into account personal habits and preferences, the presence or absence of allergies, as well as quality. You should not save on tools, care products, cosmetics or disinfectants: cheapness today can turn into severe grief or even injuries tomorrow.
Before starting the process, you should prepare on the table:
- manicure scissors, nippers or nail clippers;
- pushers with different nozzles, shoulder blades;
- disinfectant liquid for hands and work area;
- a bath with a set of saline solutions or essential oils to care for fingers and strengthen the nail plates;
- disposable or regular nail files, nail buff;
In the XIV-XV centuries, regrown, long nail plates on the little fingers came into fashion. They knocked on the door to get permission to enter. Then the nails began to be polished with suede.
- a brush to remove the remnants of the skin, stratum corneum, old coatings;
- oils to soften and nourish cuticles and nails;
- remover to dissolve rough dead skin areas.
All tools are selected according to the hand, depending on the habits. So, for example, many ladies prefer to use safety clippers instead of sharp scissors. And too long pushers become a hindrance when performing delicate tasks in which extreme accuracy is important. Also, all selected formulations should not cause allergies, skin irritations. If a woman develops a rash from contact with this type of oil or care product, it should be replaced.
All reusable instruments are necessarily processed before the procedure. For this use:
- special disinfectants;
- roasting or processing under a UV lamp in a special box;
- boiling for 20 minutes.
How to do a classic manicure at home
There are no rigid frameworks in this technique for a long time: each nail master or fashionista brings something of her own, individual to the process. Hone their skills with the help of original combinations and new tricks. However, the basis remains unchanged.
- Before starting work, even cleanly washed hands must be disinfected with an antiseptic.
- Next, you need to soften rough skin. A bath with warm water is being prepared, where mineral-salt solutions, decoctions, oils and other care products are added to promote skin regeneration and healing. The fingers are dipped into the container for 5-15 minutes, depending on the condition of the skin.
- Then, using a pusher, the pterygium is removed from under the cuticle and lateral ridges, moving from the root to the tips. The shifted and raised cuticle is cut off with any sharp instrument, again passed with a pusher. The tongs are held at an angle of 900, smoothly unfolding them …