Gelatin Face Mask: Top 10 Recipes
Gelatin is used not only for the preparation of certain dishes, but also for cosmetic purposes. The substance is useful for facial skin care. Gelatin face mask has a rejuvenating, moisturizing and cleansing effect. To prepare a mask with gelatin, you need a number of additional ingredients.
Gelatin for facial skin: benefits
Gelatin is a substance whose main component is collagen protein. It is obtained by processing the connective tissue of various animals. Using gelatin as part of cosmetic masks, you can improve the condition of the epidermis and make up for the lack of collagen. The preparation of the remedy will be easy to carry out at home.
The benefits of gelatin for the skin of the face:
- Increasing the tone of the epidermis, giving it firmness and elasticity;
- Improvement of blood microcirculation;
- Smoothing of superficial wrinkles;
- Deep cleansing of pores;
- Lightening of age spots;
- Ensuring sufficient nutrition and hydration of the skin of the face;
- Improvement of complexion;
- Saturation of epithelial cells with oxygen;
- Regulation of the sebaceous glands.
Edible gelatin does not cause allergies and is a fairly cheap product.
The preparation and application of masks with gelatin to the skin of the face is associated with certain manipulations. It is important to properly prepare the gelatin base. To ensure a quick result, other ingredients should be added to the mixture: egg white or yolk, honey, sour cream or medicines.
Who are gelatin masks recommended for?
Gelatin does not cause an allergic reaction and is indicated for use by everyone. An exception is the presence of individual intolerance. In this case, the preparation of cosmetics based on the substance should be completely abandoned.
Gelatin masks are useful for:
- Age-related changes on the skin of the face. The tool effectively fights wrinkles, flabbiness and loss of elasticity of the epidermis;
- The presence of freckles, lentigo and other age spots on the skin. Cosmetic mixtures with gelatin have a slight whitening effect;
- Tendency to the appearance of acne, pimples, blackheads. Together with activated charcoal or aspirin, gelatin masks help cleanse pores;
- Violation of the sebaceous glands. Regular procedures allow you to moisturize the epidermis or, conversely, eliminate oily sheen.
Masks with gelatin are contraindicated for rosacea and excessive dryness of the skin. It is also undesirable to carry out procedures if there are inflammations and open wounds on the skin. This will aggravate the situation and lead to the progression of inflammatory processes.
The preparation of masks based on gelatin should be carried out in accordance with generally accepted rules. Otherwise, the remedy will not have a positive result and will lead to a deterioration in the condition of the skin of the face.
Gelatin face masks at home
The preparation of a mask from gelatin is associated with many manipulations. In order for the gelatin mixture to turn out to be the right consistency, some rules should be followed. The procedure will not take much time, and the result will exceed all expectations.
General recommendations for preparing a gelatin mask for facial skin:
- It is recommended to use edible gelatin;
- Gelatin powder can be diluted with water, milk or non-carbonated mineral water. The substance should be left to swell in the liquid for half an hour;
- The enlarged gelatin is completely dissolved in a water bath or in a microwave. In this case, the liquid cannot be brought to a boil, because high temperatures reduce the effectiveness of gelatin;
- Other ingredients are added to the prepared gelatin base: egg, banana pulp, cream, oils or activated charcoal;
- Mixing the components of the future mask is not allowed in a metal bowl. The metal has a bad effect on some products, oxidizing and reducing their useful qualities;
- Removing the gelatin mask is best done by steaming the skin with warm steam. So the hardened gelatinous film will return to a liquid state and can be easily removed from the face.
It is worth remembering that the mask with gelatin and other ingredients should not be stored in the refrigerator. The use of a cosmetic product is carried out immediately after preparation.
Face mask with gelatin for wrinkles
Each representative of the fair sex must take care of her skin in order to preserve youth and beauty. With the help of cosmetics prepared at home, getting rid of shallow wrinkles is not difficult. The selection of ingredients and the preparation of the mixture will not take much time, and the effectiveness of the gelatin mask will surpass modern cosmetic procedures.
- 1 tsp gelatin;
- 2 tbsp milk;
- 1 egg.
- Pour 1 tsp. edible gelatin 2 tbsp. l. milk.
- Put the container in the microwave at full power for 1 minute. During this time, the substance should completely dissolve.
- Add the beaten egg to the warm mixture.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly until a homogeneous consistency.
- Apply the product to the skin for 20 minutes.
- Then wash your face with warm water.
Repeat the procedure at least 2 times a week,…