The intricacies of facial taping: what you need to know about the trendy anti-wrinkle procedure
The face is the calling card of every woman. Therefore, it is necessary to take care of your own skin not only at those moments when the first signs of aging have already appeared, but in advance. After all, the condition of the skin is affected not only by age. It is known that stress and fatigue, climatic features – all this has a direct impact on the condition of the skin.
Trying to maintain youthfulness, elasticity and freshness of the skin of the face, women turn to cosmetologists for various procedures. There are injection and non-injection ways to eliminate wrinkles. The second option includes not only hardware cosmetology, but also such a popular method of tightening the skin of the face and eliminating facial wrinkles as taping. About what it is, who came up with it, what are the contraindications and benefits, we will tell further.
Read more: Top 7 procedures at the beautician to get rid of wrinkles around the eyes.
Tapes for the face: what is it
Tapes for the face are nothing more than special patches that need to be glued following certain patterns. Now let’s figure out why to do this using the example of athletes.
So, have you noticed that many of the tennis players, athletes, football players and basketball players go to a game or competition with multi-colored plasters on their bodies? In this way, they fix the muscles at the site of injury and reduce pain.
The use of tapes allows you to relax the muscles and fix them correctly. Thanks to this, intensive blood circulation occurs, as a result of which wrinkles are smoothed out and puffiness subsides.
Taping the face, that is, pasting it with a special tape, allows you to get rid of edema, prevent the appearance of wrinkles or make the existing ones less noticeable without injections and other cosmetic procedures.
Indications and contraindications
Taping has become popular not only among athletes, but also in beauty parlors. It is believed that kinesio taping for the face (aesthetic taping) will help to cope with the following problems:
- mimic and age wrinkles;
- second chin, flew;
- loss of skin firmness and elasticity;
True, it is necessary to glue the tapes carefully, according to the recommended schemes and the location of the muscles. It is also important to abandon this procedure to get rid of wrinkles if you have the following health problems:
- frequent migraine;
- the presence of individual intolerance to the components that make up the adhesive on teips (all this is indicated in the instructions);
- fresh bruises, abrasions, wounds on the face;
- chronic respiratory diseases;
- paralysis of the facial nerves;
- diseases of the lymphatic system.
Also, experts do not recommend using teips during menstruation. It is better to wait until the end of the cycle and then carry out the procedure to restore skin firmness and elasticity at home.
What will be the result?
According to reviews, facial anti-wrinkle taping can achieve good results if used correctly. Can:
- get rid of puffiness;
- make the skin firmer and more elastic;
- deep wrinkles will become less noticeable, and small ones will disappear altogether;
- the nasolabial fold will become less pronounced;
- lowered corners of the eyes will rise.
Features of the use of teips
In order for duct tape to have a positive effect on the muscles, it is necessary to use it according to a number of recommendations from experts:
- Tapes to get rid of wrinkles are not recommended to be worn for more than 8-10 hours;
- Reusable use of plasters is not provided, therefore it is not necessary to glue them a second time. They will not hold themselves well and perform the assigned tasks;
- To achieve a positive result, you need to glue teips in a course of 4 weeks. We wear patches for 5 days in a row for 8 hours, then remove them and take a two-day break. After we repeat the procedure;
- During the day, it is recommended to apply tapes to areas with active facial expressions – forehead, nasolabial folds, eyelids. At night, we correct the oval of the face and tighten the chin.
How to glue teips?
If there are no contraindications to the use of tapes to get rid of wrinkles on the face, it is necessary to perform a number of preparatory measures before fixing them on the skin.
- Step 1: Cleansing the skin of the face from cosmetics. Use makeup remover milk, then toner. Dry your face thoroughly with a towel to absorb all the moisture;
- Step 2: Removal of hairs that can cause pain when tapes are peeled off;
- Step 3: Warm up the tape. You can do this by placing a piece of tape between your palms.
- Step 4: Stick the tape on the face according to the chosen scheme.
Facial taping: schemes
If you decide to get rid of wrinkles at home using teips, purchase not only high-quality tapes, but also study the recommended schemes for applying them to your face. It is important to fix the patch in the area that you plan to tighten.
For forehead wrinkles
To smooth wrinkles on the forehead, you need to cut off two patches 5 cm wide from the roll. Glue each one over the eyebrow, pre-stretching the skin. When the tape is fixed, it will gather into an accordion. This means that everything is done correctly.
From frown lines
You need an 2.5 cm wide patch and someone’s help to smooth out the wrinkles on the sides and then stick it on smooth skin.
From wrinkles around the eyes
To eliminate wrinkles around the eyes and lift the temples, getting rid of the sad look due to the lowered outer corners of the eyes, follow the scheme: One patch 5 cm wide diagonally from the eyebrow. The second piece is smaller vertically.
For cheekbone correction
If you want to make the cheekbones more pronounced, you need to stick one long tape (10 cm) along the cheekbones on each side. We pull the skin at the temples.
For face oval correction
A fairly common problem faced by women after 35 years is a swollen oval of the face. Tapes can be used to restore shape or prevent such changes. You will need a patch 2.5 cm wide and equal to the distance from ear to ear along the chin line. Tape is glued from the center to the ears, the skin is pulled up.
Important! When sticking the tape on any area, it is important to make sure that the skin under it is even, without folds or creases. To do this, you need to pull it off in the direction indicated on the diagrams, and do not stretch the patch itself.
How to shoot correctly?
Tapes on the face are held quite tightly, so in order to remove them and not injure the skin, you need to purchase a special spray that softens the glue. It is applied on top of the patch for a couple …