French manicure originated back in 1978. It was invented by American Jeff Pink, the founder of the Orly cosmetic brand, at the request of one of the Hollywood directors. A discreetly elegant jacket has become a real salvation for actresses: from now on, they did not need to redo their manicure for each new scene on filming. Its naturalness and versatility have been appreciated by women all over the world. With him you can go to work or college, go with friends to nature, just walk around the city or go on a romantic date.
All it takes is a little fantasy, decor, and a simple, everyday design turns into a chic holiday manicure. It is beautiful on short and elongated nails of any shape, visually adjusts the length of the fingers. Suitable for young fashionistas, self-confident women and mature ladies.
Under such a manicure, you do not need to choose an outfit for a long and painful time, or run to the nail master to adjust the nails. It is worn with evening, ball gowns, and fashionable shorts. It is not difficult to choose the right design for any life situation or season. Not surprisingly, this technique became a stellar trend for the next forty years. And in 2022, the jacket is among the ten most popular, trendy styles.
Recognized luminaries of the nail industry annually develop and offer the attention of women all over the world new ideas for this immortal technique, which has become a traditional classic. Modern techniques are amazing and multifaceted, opening up the widest scope for inspired creativity.
- Techniques familiar to everyone harmoniously coexist with innovative materials and accessories offered by the nail industry in recent years.
- The entire palette is used, ranging from delicate creams and pastels, to graphite black, acid and neon paints.
- Modest colors are complemented by creative and artistic images, prints, and brilliant decor.
- Complete freedom in the design of the free edge: small drawings, elements instead of the usual stripes; sequins and small stones; original shapes, lines and stripes; oblique, diagonal arrangement; asymmetry.
- The use of French technique with accents on one or two fingers in a variety of variations, as far as imagination is enough.
Lack of artistic talent is not a hindrance to self-expression. If you want to make a great, atmospheric jacket at home, nail designers recommend purchasing sliders or stamps.
Their range is huge, able to satisfy the most demanding fashionistas. On sale there are ready-made drawings on any subject, abstract patterns, ornaments and ethnic motifs. Juicy, monochrome or color pictures are applied quickly, do not require special skills and lengthy training.
This season, a variety of decor is in fashion:
- “quail eggs” – chaotic placers of small black or multi-colored dots on the surface;
- sparkling design of the free edge – sparkles, rhinestones, sequins, crystals;
- transparent droplets in combination with a colored or transparent background, images of flowers;
- mother-of-pearl-shining “tears of a unicorn”;
- abstract brush strokes, stretching with colored varnish or glitter;
- light cobwebs and vignettes.
Colors are selected, depending on the season, regular or formal wardrobe, work dress code. The color type of the skin, the size of the nail plate, and personal preferences are also taken into account.
Girls and women can choose from the mass of fresh offers what they like, according to their worldview and style. Modern fashion does not limit rigid frames. You can bring to life the most daring fantasies, creating unique masterpieces on the nails, emphasizing the individuality and character of the owner.
Fascinating play of colors in French manicure
One of the most impressive, spectacular tricks is coloring the tips in different colors. At the same time, the method of execution depends entirely on the imagination and preferences of the designer.
- Bright, acid neon colors or discreet, romantic pastels.
- Brush strokes with uneven, jagged edges, wide and perfectly thin stripes.
- Highlighting a “smile” with a strict semicircle, beveled or angular elements, geometry.
The finish is glossy or matte.
A refreshing design can be made even more catchy with an accent nail. Usually, a thematic picture, “caviar” or sand dressing is applied to it, crystals, sparkles are glued on.
Original double lines of French manicure – the trend of 2022
Creative solutions for the design of the tips of the nails are an unconditional trend of the current season. One of the most effective solutions is the double “smile” line in various variations:
- monochrome white, black on a transparent background;
- from thin strips of foil;
- drawn only on one side to the center of the nail plate;
- in the form of straight or smoothly rounded lines, the thinnest stripes, with dots and longitudinal geometry;
- applied on both sides, with a free space in the center. Often this gap is decorated with small rhinestones;
- with an addition in the form of a monophonic or color pattern on one finger;
- with accent compositions of crystals, “pearls”, kamifubukov.
Silver and gold foil, medium-sized stones are perfectly combined with a monochromatic design.
French manicure “smile” with sequins
To create a festive, catchy design, nail designers this year recommend using sequins. Small, multi-colored plates of different shapes and sizes are great for decorating a free edge.
With their help, you can emphasize a romantic mood, create a light, playful mood or a chic image of a socialite. Shiny elements are used not only for laying out a “smile”, but also as an accent decor on 1-2 fingers, as an addition to artistic compositions.
The combination of French manicure with geometry is a hit of 2022
The elegant conciseness of the French manicure is perfectly complemented by geometric patterns in all their diversity.
- Juicy, noticeable print in the style of a color block with colors selected for the occasion.
- Refined, minimalistic graphics. This design is often used for work, neutral meetings, for every day.
- Patterns, complemented by the glitter of glitter, foil, crystals.
The trend is not only correct, traditional geometric shapes, but also broken lines, torn, fancy prints.
Black and white contrast French manicure
The combination of black and white is an immortal classic. Suitable for a luxurious evening, cocktail dress, and for a fun friendly party. Black and white marigolds are organically combined with everyday and smart white things, they fit perfectly into a business, work style.
Nail artists offer hundreds of variations of this charming design:
- two-tone “smile” with a glossy or matte finish. Can be supplemented with a laconic silhouette or a vignette in the desired theme;