Drawings in the form of geometric shapes triumphantly broke into the world of nail design three years ago. Manicure “geometry” found its admirers, becoming one of the most popular in subsequent years. And in 2022, this interesting design is not inferior to the won positions.
The main difficulty of this technique is a lot of straight, clear strokes. Some masterpieces of nail design literally consist of a web of short threads with well-defined angles. It takes a lot of talent and experience to create such pictures by hand. However, the lack of an artistic gift is not a reason to abandon your favorite style. Nail designers offer to actively use auxiliary tools, ready-made templates and stickers to achieve the desired result.
Fashion trends for manicure “geometry” in the current season of 2022
Over the past few years, leading nail designers have been introducing new, entertaining solutions for geometric manicure. This season, natural, natural motives are strong, which is reflected in the combinations of techniques, preferred colors, and forms of nail plates. So, for example, natural, not too long, marigolds are relevant – almonds, a softened square or rectangle. This shape is in perfect harmony with laconic or bright geometry.
In order for freehand drawings to be smooth and beautiful, you need the right tool. Suitable brushes with an elongated, thin pile – “liner”, “long hair”. The lines are drawn with smooth, measured movements, without rushing. In this case, the surfaces of the plate touch easily, without pressure. Otherwise, the thin line will become sloppy.
One of the most trendy designs for today is a laconic minimalist style. What he really is?
- Thin lines along, diagonally or across. Single, parallel or randomly intersecting, creating interesting shapes.
- Small, monochrome details – circles, ovals, squares, polygons, triangles, with a painted inner area, in the form of graphics on the main background or with negative space.
- Dots, abstractions, waves, cells.
The color of the drawings and the bases are chosen to taste. Quite often they combine the techniques of “negative space”, French and holes.
Smooth wide and narrow stripes applied along the nail plate are one of the hits of the season. Nail masters recommend not dwelling on familiar techniques, but creatively supplementing and changing them in order to get an original, author’s design. To make the lines even along the entire length, they are marked with the help of stencils, self-adhesive strips of foil. If there is confidence in the hardness of the hand, you can apply with a brush. The layout is completely different.
- acrylic sand;
- a row of large crystals or two of small ones;
- wide stripes combined with thin lines applied with contrasting gel polish, glitter, foil;
- “negative-spice” in the center with an unobtrusive pattern;
- reverse gradient;
- combinations of wide and narrow stripes, reaching only to the center of the plate;
- brilliant decor with rhombuses, triangles, squares;
- strips of mirror foil or rubbing on a matte neutral background.
Modern fashion trends allow you to show your imagination, turning unusual, bold combinations into reality.
Juicy greens combined with broken lines, abstractions, and ornaments remain in trend. Nail masters are advised to choose drawings with chic, carved leaves of tropical plants. Their intricate shapes combined with laconic strict lines make an incredibly strong impression.
To make green leaves visible, white or transparent gel polish, delicate pastel shades are used as the main coating. If there is no possibility or desire to draw leaves and twigs by hand, fashionistas can use bright, atmospheric stickers and stamps for every taste. This decor is a great choice for a discreet spring-summer style for every day. It refreshes, gives a great mood and self-confidence.
Magic gradient with geometry
The geometric gradient looks fascinating, incredibly stylish. Habitual overflows of shades of one color or several favorite tones take on clear forms, forming a strict pattern, like crystals in a kaleidoscope. You can simply draw stripes with a clear structure with the selected paints. Or use the reverse gradient technique:
- at the first stage, a conventional gradient with a horizontal orientation is applied to the prepared surface;
- even diagonal stripes are marked with thin self-adhesive strips to form a diamond-shaped grid;
- the resulting stripes are drawn with the selected gel polishes, but the saturation of the shades goes in the opposite direction relative to the first layer.
The second method involves drawing each element of the ornament separately, with a transition from darker to lighter tones. To get intermediate shades, you can mix white and colored varnishes in the right proportion.
If you want something festive and magical, the applied varnish can be sprinkled with shimmering sand.
What shades of geometric manicure are in trend in 2022
Due to their versatility, geometric patterns go well with popular colored gel polishes. So, the soft nude tone is organically combined with restrained minimalism. And bright scarlet or emerald colors can be complemented with chic gold glitter, more daring, unusual shapes.
The following color palettes are in fashion today:
- nude tones with black or white. Also, you can try options with color pictures;
- combination of black, white and red;
- black and white stripes;
- blue, azure with gold, sunny, silver, white;
- fiery red, crimson with yellow, gold, pink or nude;
- black solo, with a transparent background, or any other colors;
- pale and hot pink with black, white, gray;
- colored figures on a white background;
- chic malachite with gold
- neutral beige with a randomly chosen color palette;
- noble burgundy and bright lilac with gold, white and silver accents.
Laconic and shiny stripes in manicure with geometry
Stripes are a great way to visually adjust the length and width of nails, making them more graceful and elegant. To do this, use from one to four additional colors that echo the main background or harmonize with each other. Also, nail masters lay out strips with foil, draw with glitter, acrylic sand.
The combination of geometry with the lunar manicure technique 2022
Geometry brought a fresh twist to the classic lunar design. Today, holes in the form of triangles or complex, combined figures on a colored or transparent …