Gray manicure remains one of the most popular trends in the 2022 season. Many ladies, regardless of age, nature and occupation, prefer to wear this particular, discreet color. Why? Everything is very simple. Despite the fact that graphite gray is often compared to black, the gray palette delights with its diversity and versatility. This is a fertile basis for creativity, the embodiment of the most unexpected ideas. So, pearl gray or metallic tones are radically different from smoky bluish, platinum or dusty. In this variety, you can even find grayish purple or greenish slate gray.
Gray is a neutral base color. He confidently “friends” with all known colors, making them more expressive and, at the same time, softening. Also, it perfectly harmonizes with varnishes of different saturation – from bright acid to restrained pastel. It is readily used for seasonal designs.
- In the spring-summer period, light shades are most often chosen, combining them with rich-bright or soft pastel tones.
- In autumn, warm chocolate and coffee palette are in trend, as well as gold and crimson, associated with withering nature.
- In winter, you want warmth, so the dark gray range is diluted with noble colors – burgundy, wine, emerald, sapphire, ruby, gold and bronze.
Against a neutral-restrained background, bright and watercolor, contrast and monochrome drawings, any brilliant decor produced by the nail industry look amazing. You just need to follow the latest fashion trends and, based on the options proposed by nail masters, create your own, exceptional masterpiece.
Fashion trends for gray manicure in 2022
In order to look elegant and stylish in all situations, you should take a closer look at this year’s fashion trends.
- One of the undeniable hits of the season is marble design – a naturalistic imitation of the structure of natural marble. Accordingly, all shades of gray are the best suited for its implementation. Light and dark streaks can be intertwined with white or pinkish, black. And you can decorate the marble surface with casting or sparkles.
- For seasonal decoration on a neutral background, they draw real pictures with snowflakes, spruce paws, falling leaves or tender blossoming buds.
- Lace or gossamer looks elegant and restrained on a light or, conversely, dark background.
- With a matte top on an ashy or smoky background, a festive outfit will look especially aristocratic. It should be supplemented with a barely noticeable ligature of vignettes, stained glass varnish or black shellac.
- A simple and affordable way to transform a neutral gray coating is inlay with crystals, stones. You can purchase a special set with step-by-step instructions, or pick up stones to taste, to a specific bow. Microbeads, broths and crystal chips are also used.
- To get the gorgeous, luxurious gray-silver color that is popular this season, you will need a gel polish of the appropriate shade, as well as a mirror powder, prism, liquid diamond or chromatic. Applied on top of the main layer, they give an amazing silver sheen.
A light gray and dark palette can be safely chosen for everyday wear or official ceremonial events. It goes well with office and ceremonial bow, evening and cocktail dresses.
Fresh solutions 2022 for small, neat gray nails
Short nails are not uncommon. For some, they are a characteristic part of a carefully cherished image, for some women the plates are so fragile that one can only dream of their own, not extended, long nails. Well, for someone to grow a long manicure, work or household chores do not allow.
However, short cut nails are not a reason to be upset. Nail designers offer hundreds of options for all occasions and for any, the most demanding, taste. When choosing a technique, shades of gel polish and decor, you should heed the advice of experts:
- light, pearl-gray tones, glossy and mirror coatings look most harmoniously, which visually lengthen and narrow the plates;
- patterns, drawings and geometric shapes should be miniature in size, according to the area of \u200b\u200bthe marigolds;
- no need to overload the design with massive stones, many small and large elements. It is best to focus on 1-2 fingers, or turn to the minimalist style.
French techniques, holes, negative space, unpretentious floral ornaments, laconic geometry are amazingly suitable for short nails.
Design 2022, combining gray shades and colored gel polishes
Gray tones are nice and easy to work with and serve as a great neutral backdrop for colored gel polishes, jewelry and images. It doesn’t matter if you choose a shade of fuchsia or dusty pink, black or emerald, any color will look advantageous. You just need to remember a simple rule: all tones of varnishes must belong either to a warm or to a cold undertone. Also, it is important to harmoniously choose the saturation of colors. So, pearl grays are best combined with pale pastel, powdery, cream, and graphite – with bright and snow-white shades. The darker the main background, the brighter the secondary can be.
A pink-gray pair is an excellent option for the spring-summer period, a romantic mood. It, as a rule, is supplemented with painted or voluminous flowers, insects, fruits. For winter, “knitting” is relevant, vividly reminiscent of a warm hearth, as well as marble technique.
Yellow gray manicure
The yellow-gray scale is full of positive. It gives energy, goes well with light summer outfits, office or sports style. Depending on the chosen shade of yellow, it can be sunny-bright or restrained-strict. Also, you can freely vary the ratio of yellow and gray elements.
Black and gray manicure
Black and gray is a design for special occasions. It is perfect for a strict business style. Also, it can be worn with an evening dress, if you add a little glitter, an openwork pattern or lay out a composition of crystals.
Typing on the keyboard has a positive effect on the nail plates. They receive a light massage, which improves blood circulation and stimulates their growth.
Gray-blue combinations are in demand in all seasons. If in summer they use a brighter, azure palette, with floral or marine decor, then in winter, calmer, smoky colors are relevant.
White and gray manicure
A timeless classic that always remains in the spotlight. The gray-white palette can be seen in the french, moonlight, gradient, marble techniques.