Recipes for hair masks with colorless henna
Colorless henna is a powdered extract of a medicinal plant. Henna is used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes, but does not have coloring properties.
Cosmetics from colorless henna will help improve hair, giving it strength and shine. Masks from this product are easy to prepare and apply at home. With regular use, the result will be visible in a month.
The benefits of colorless henna for hair
Powder from colorless henna It is produced from a plant called Cassia. Do not confuse colorless henna with regular henna, as they come from different types of shrubs. So, in turn, the product for hair coloring is made from Lavsonia.
Henna is an extract from the dry stems of the plant. Before using the powder, it must be diluted in a small amount of water.
Cassia extract is rich in beneficial properties for hair, some of which are considered unique in nature.
The chemical composition of henna contains:
- Fisalen and emodin. Substances that have a soothing and antibacterial effect on the skin;
- Crisofanol. A component that kills microfungi or inflammation;
- Rutin. The lack of this substance in the body leads to weakening, hair loss;
- Betaine. A substance that deeply moisturizes and nourishes the hair strands;
- Carotene, which is an antioxidant for hair. This is a pigment substance that returns a natural shade to mature hair.
Henna is a universal remedy that provides gentle hair care without irritating the dermis. Masks from this product are suitable for any member of the family. It is especially recommended to use the powder for normal and oily hair types, as henna is able to normalize the secretion of sebum and cleanse the skin.
Henna products dry out the roots, so owners of dry hair should combine the product with moisturizing ingredients.
Colorless henna is widely used to eliminate problems with the skin, face or hair. You can rinse your hair with henna or make nourishing masks out of them. It is recommended to combine the extract with other medicinal plants.
Any recipe for masks can be replayed in accordance with the individual need of the hair. So, dry hair is recommended to add products that moisturize the strands as much as possible – essential oils, honey or dairy products.
Henna can be diluted not only in water, but also in a ready-made decoction of herbs. Especially useful will be infusions of chamomile, calendula, burdock, dandelion, etc.
Due to the cleansing and exfoliating properties of henna, the product can be used as a natural shampoo. The powder is sold in small packets in a pharmacy or the cosmetic department of a supermarket.
Colorless henna masks easy to prepare and use. But, in order for the remedy to become as effective as possible for the hair, you need to follow the indicated recommendations in the recipe.
Also, do not forget about the general regulationswhich must be observed when applying and making any henna mask:
- The procedure can be carried out with both clean and dirty hair. However, if you suffer from severe dry hair, then it is better to apply the mixture on dirty curls, as part of the mask will absorb the accumulated oil and will not dry the roots much;
- For the preparation of masks, you must use only fresh products. An open pack of henna should not be stored for more than a few days. Henna should be yellowish or greenish. If there are red or white inclusions in the powder, then the product has begun to deteriorate;
- Before using the mask, it is worth checking the mixture for an allergic reaction. To do this, it is worth applying a small amount of the mixture to the wrist or bend of the elbow. If redness, itching or other unpleasant sensations do not appear after 15-20 minutes, the mask is suitable for use;
- The duration of the procedure at the first application should be no more than 15-20 minutes. If the skin is not accustomed to such care, you should not give a strong load to the hair with the active components of the mixture. This recommendation is especially relevant for those with sensitive skin;
- It is recommended to apply the mask on damp but not wet hair. The cleansing procedure should be carried out in warm water. Too high a temperature destroys the hair structure;
- To create a greenhouse effect, during the procedure, you can wrap your head in polyethylene and a bath towel.
- Hair cleansing after the procedure can be carried out without the use of shampoo. Henna has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can replace this remedy.
It is also worth taking care of hair care, in addition to masks. The condition of the hair especially worsens with regular chemical and thermal exposure.
Aggressive dye substances destroy the protective layer of the strands, washing out the natural pigment from it. After dyeing, weakened hair loses the ability to fully absorb the vitamins received, making them defenseless against external factors.
It is necessary to use a balm after dyed hair, as well as apply conditioner after each hair cleansing.
Before using a hair dryer (curling irons, etc.), it is recommended to treat the hair with a heat protectant. There is a wide range of sprays, mousses or creams on the market that will protect your hair from harmful thermal effects.
Recipes for hair masks with colorless henna
Colorless henna has healing properties, which, when used correctly, give a healing effect in different directions. Hair masks, which include colorless henna, have the following impact:
- Strengthen and restore hair after regular lightening and coloring;
- Activate hair growth, help to cope with hair loss;
- Give hair shine, volume and silkiness;
- Curls will become more obedient when combing and styling;
- Tinted gray hair.
Folk recipes for colorless henna masks are available for every pocket, as they require a minimum amount of ingredients.
Strengthen weakened hair will help colorless henna in combination with dairy products, for example, milk, kefir or yogurt. It will be useful both to make masks from products, and to eat them.
Vitamins B and E in the composition of the products perfectly moisturize and nourish the hair. And a large amount of calcium will make up for the lack in the body. Sour-milk products will also give a beautiful, healthy look to the nails and skin.
Honey is an indispensable product in the kitchen that charges the body with vitamins during their shortage. It contains vitamins C and B, as well as a large amount of minerals (calcium, copper, zinc, iron…