Thickening is a fashionable and quick way to change your hairstyle if your hair is sparse
Sparse hair is a problem that worries women of all ages, professions and hobbies. Someone was “in trouble” due to a poor-quality dyeing procedure, others lost their lush hair after childbirth (this, by the way, is a common occurrence), and still others never had thick curls at all.
The surest solution for those who have dramatically reduced the amount of hair on their heads is to visit a trichologist, identify the cause of the loss and take the necessary measures.
As a rule, you can restore the hair with the help of modern cosmetic procedures for hair growth. These are: mesotherapy, ozone therapy, cryomassage, darsonvalization, etc. All these are salon procedures that the masters perform with the help of special devices. As a result, dormant hair follicles are stimulated and the existing ones are strengthened. Also, the hair acquires a healthy shine and silkiness.
However, all these wellness procedures have a number of disadvantages.
- First, the effect will not be instantaneous. A positive result from mesotherapy or cryomassage will have to wait for several months, since a course of the declared procedures is necessary.
- Secondly, those who initially had thick hair can save their hair in this way. And if there has never been a large amount of hair on your head, you should not hope for a miracle, it will not happen.
But it’s too early to despair, because there are other options to look luxurious. One option is to thicken your hair. About what it is, who suits it, how it is performed, how much it costs and what are the advantages and disadvantages, we will tell further.
What is hair thickening?
Hair thickening It’s almost the same as extension. The main difference is that the length of the hair does not increase or it becomes slightly larger. And the density due to the attachment of additional thin strands to your own hair grows.
How hair thickening is done
Thickening is hair extensions. You can perform the procedure using one of the modern methods. The most popular types of hair extensions the following:
Tape and Hollywood hair extensions are not suitable for owners of sparse hair, since rather wide strands are used when performing the technique. They will be noticeable if the original base is loose.
For sparse hair that needs thickening, hot or cold extensions are usually chosen. Both methods have advantages and disadvantages. Let’s consider them.
Hot hair extensions are performed by masters with the help of tongs, which heat up keratin capsules, which ensure the adhesion of donor strands to the natural base.
The smaller the capsules and the thinner the strands, the more imperceptibly it will be possible to attach them to the hair. It is also important that the color of the capsules matches the tone of the roots. Do not use chocolate or brown keratin capsules for blondes.
If there is gray hair, at the beginning, the roots are dyed, and then extensions are made to thicken.
To benefits hot Italian hair thickening techniques include:
- The ability to use nano-capsules that are almost invisible on the hair;
- Duration of wear, since correction is necessary no earlier than after 2 months;
- The ability to not only add volume, but also change the color. You can build up strands of any color, but women with sparse hair are recommended to choose with an ombre effect: the roots are natural, and the length of any shade;
- Thickening of only certain zones. You can add donor strands only to those areas where they are needed. This saves time and money.
To cons hot building include:
- The need for heat treatment of hair to bond donor strands with natural hair. It is believed that the keratin that makes up the capsules is safe, but if the material is of poor quality, there may be tangles and tangles. Therefore, it is important to choose an experienced craftsman and be interested in product quality certificates. which he uses for the thickening procedure;
- duration. Thickening takes a long time, as the craftsmen separate the thinnest strands;
- High cost. Even if you need to thicken only the temporal-lateral zones or the occipital, the procedure will be expensive (from 5,000 rubles for medium length). The reason is expensive materials and highly qualified specialists. Beginning extension masters do not undertake such work.
The essence of thickening hair using a cold method is to attach donor strands to natural ones with glue. The clutch provides a special safe composition. To remove the extended curls, you need to apply a liquid that destroys it to the glue and gently pull them off.
The advantages and disadvantages and technologies of cold extension are identical with the hot method, with the exception of heat treatment of the hair. In the second case, the iron or tongs are not used.
With sesame thread
Another type of cold extension technique is the glue-free option. To add volume to the hair with the help of donor strands, sesame thread. Small knots provide grip without any harm to native hair. They do not need to be cauterized with an iron, nor treated with a glue softener or keratin capsules. Of the minuses – the need for correction after 1.5-2 minus, which is 4-5 weeks earlier than with hot or cold building.
Features of thickening hair
Hair thickening is an opportunity to give your own hair the desired volume in just a couple of hours. There is nothing easier than trusting the master and getting the desired result. The main thing is to subsequently follow the recommendations for caring for donor strands, because if you comb and wash your hair incorrectly, you can pull off not only extended curls, but also damage your relatives.
The thickening technique, as a rule, corrects the formed voids and “islands” after childbirth, as a result of hormonal failure, malnutrition and care. Most often, strands are built up on the temporal-lateral zones and near the frontal depressions. Here, as a rule, bald patches occur most often.
Thickening should not be confused with the classic build-up, which is done strand by strand all over the head. It solves two problems at once – lengthening and giving volume. At the same time, there are a lot of donor hair on the head.
If the length suits, but the tips seem rare, it is better to give preference to the thickening procedure. Then a small amount of curls attached in the lower occipital area will correct the situation.