Makeup base: rules for choosing and applying
Professional makeup artists say that the ideal base for makeup is a primer. A primer is a cosmetic product used to protect the skin from other cosmetics and at the same time contribute to a better fixation of makeup on the face. The primer serves as the basis for further application of make-up and therefore is required for use at any time of the year.
Appointment of a base for makeup
Recently, the makeup base has become not just an additional tool for creating the perfect make-up, but a necessity. Primers have gained incredible popularity among professionals in their field and, accordingly, among girls who monitor the condition of their skin. This is due to the versatility and versatility of the tool.
Makeup base contributes to:
- Uniform distribution of tonal foundation;
- Increasing the persistence of subsequent funds;
- Increasing the saturation of colors in makeup;
- Improving the appearance and condition of the skin;
- Prevents mixing shades of cosmetics;
- I even out the complexion and relief of the epidermis;
- Mattifying the skin and eliminating oily sheen;
- Correction of skin dullness and hydration;
- Protection from the harmful effects of UV rays.
In accordance with the needs, skin type, existing defects and imperfections of the face, girls choose the most suitable types of primers that help to make beautiful makeup without much effort.
Rules for choosing a base for makeup
The choice of foundation for make-up directly depends on the type of skin, since each of them has its own care needs. In some cases, a primer can replace foundation, BB cream, and sometimes even concealer.
For oily skin a matting primer is suitable to hide shine and enlarged pores. It also protects against the effects of the sun better and prolongs the durability of makeup. No less suitable is an illuminating base for make-up and with a blur effect. Using a primer for oily skin can completely replace foundation.
For dry skin type picking up a base for makeup is the most difficult. In this case, a primer with mother-of-pearl and creamy texture is suitable. It gives the face a slight shimmer effect, while moisturizing the skin.
For normal skin Suitable for almost any makeup base. Depending on the purpose of the make-up, you can choose a primer with a radiant or matte finish. The best solution would be to use different types to correct problem areas.
Among other things, the primer is an ideal means for mature skin, especially the matte version that does not contain additional pigments. The tool fills in fine wrinkles, hiding them, and makes the surface of the skin more elastic.
There are many types of makeup base, which focus on skin type, existing imperfections, time of year and application methods.
According to the methods of application and zones, the base for makeup can be:
- For the face, hiding skin imperfections and preparing for further application of cosmetics;
- For lips, removing roughness and filling cracks;
- For the eyelids, fixing and leveling the tone of the shadows;
- For eyebrows and eyelashes, holding the shape and giving volume.
According to the structure, the primer for the face is: gel, cream, liquid, dense and in the form of an emulsion. This classification is the main one from which the division into other subspecies comes.
Bases are distinguished by skin type:
- Gel-like version – a make-up base for oily and porous skin;
- Shimmering emulsion is suitable as a make-up base for dry skin;
- The liquid form is considered an ideal leveling base for makeup for skin with small imperfections;
- The creamy product will act as a concealer for any skin;
- Compact dense primer will help maintain fluid balance in normal skin types.
Makeup base can be easily matched to your skin tone, often in pink or beige nuances, the most common being universal white. However, there are colored primers that help fight skin imperfections no worse than concealers.
Color bases for make-up:
- White for brightening the tone of the face and masking age spots;
- Blue, refreshing the face and hiding freckles;
- Violet evens out the tone after an unsuccessful tan and eliminates yellowness;
- Green hides redness and inflammation on the skin;
- Yellow – against circles under the eyes and bruises;
- Pink, helping to hide signs of fatigue on the face.
The primer is not dense enough to mask acne and comedones, it is only suitable for spots, wrinkles, bruises, spider veins and small scars. Any color primer is applied zonally, that is, on the defect to be hidden, and a little around, and then the borders are slightly shaded.
Matte or pearlescent?
Many girls are wondering: with which finish is it better to choose a primer? Of course, first of all, you should focus on the type of skin, and secondly, pay attention to the purpose of makeup.
Usage mattifying make-up base helps you achieve the perfect everyday look. Many are accustomed to the fact that smooth matte skin is the key to any beautiful make-up. However, a little soft shine won’t hurt even in daytime makeup.
A radiant make-up base more suitable for girls with dry skin, and also looks great under an evening make-up. However, a little shine in the face won’t hurt even with everyday makeup, as it refreshes the skin significantly.
When applying a primer with mother-of-pearl, it is important not to overdo it so that there is a slight mysterious glow on the face, but nothing more. This foundation can even be used instead of a highlighter.
How to apply makeup base?
The make-up base must be applied in several stages, which ensure that the cosmetics lie flat, do not roll and gather on the face, and do not create the feeling of a mask or artificial film.
Stage 1 – cleansing. First you need to wash yourself using special means. Then wipe the skin with a cotton pad dipped in tonic or micellar water. It is recommended to use a tonic with a matting effect.
Stage 2 – applying the foundation. Carefully apply a primer, preferably white, beige or pink, with gentle movements, which is the basis for subsequent makeup.
Stage 3 – color base. At this stage, use a wide brush or use a fingertip to apply colored primers pointwise. It is done when necessary to hide minor skin imperfections.
Stage 4 – shading. The applied color primers must be carefully shaded. You can do this with the same brush or with a special blending sponge.
Stage 5 – foundation. Gently apply foundation or BB cream with a brush. You can also apply concealer or corrector on top as needed. All products are gently blended over the face, creating…