At first glance, a simple procedure that makes the look expressive and bright should not cause negative manifestations and affect our health. But eyelash extensions are the use of a chemical composition that any moment can cause an unwanted reaction.
Most women do not react to the components, but there are ladies who are looking for a hypoallergenic glue, so you should know if there is one and what you need to prepare for during the procedure.
Components of eyelash glue 2022 that you may be allergic to
- It should be noted right away that there is no completely safe glue. Any of the components of the composition can cause unwanted reactions of the body, so the masters immediately ask their clients for a possible allergy.
- An allergic reaction can occur to any component of the adhesive composition.
- Be sure to do a sensitivity test to the components, and only then proceed to eyelash extensions.
- There is no completely hypoallergenic glue that is suitable for any woman. All our organisms are different, so it is impossible to say with certainty what will cause undesirable consequences.
- Manufacturers are working on formulations, improving them and offering us several options that will minimize the manifestation of allergies.
Is latex eyelash glue safe in terms of allergy manifestations during extensions
Latex glue does a great job, but often causes irritation in women.
The composition contains rubber powder, which can irritate the skin and mucous membranes of the eyes. If even the smell of this material is unpleasant for you, then it is better to refuse to use latex glue.
At the same time, the composition has excellent elasticity and resistance to water, therefore it is often used in eyelash extension salons. An allergic reaction may occur hours or days after eyelash extensions
How hypoallergenic is rubber glue for eyelash extensions?
The glue is made on the basis of natural wood resins, so the composition is considered safer than rubber. The rubber-based composition contains fewer chemical components.
But this does not mean that rubber cannot cause an allergic reaction, it is simply made from natural ingredients that are less irritating to the skin and mucous membranes of the eyes.
The most hypoallergenic for 2022 – silicone glue for eyelash extensions
It is considered the safest composition, which rarely causes allergic reactions, but such manifestations are also possible. Silicone glue dries quickly and can be used for both single and volume eyelash extensions, so salons often use it in their work.
In addition, the compositions are divided into categories according to the duration of setting. Ultra – has a longer drying time, but also fewer aggressive components in the composition in the form of cyanoacrylate.
Extra – sticks cilia in 2-3 seconds, and premium instantly fixes the hairs.
Changing eyelashes is a natural process. If the body lacks nutrients, the hormonal balance is disturbed, the hairs become thinner and more brittle, and the bulbs “fall asleep”.
Glue that dries longer has a lower concentration of active substance that can cause allergies.
What Can Cause an Allergic Reaction to Glue in Eyelash Extensions?
- main substancewhich can irritate the skin and mucous membranes, is considered cyanoacrylate, it is in all adhesives.
Too thick eyelash extensions can also cause a negative reaction.
- But its concentration depends on the setting category, if your body reacts negatively to this component, then it is better to spend more time on eyelash extensions and glue the hairs with an ultra-category composition.
It is worth noting that the less cyanoacrylate in the glue, the less resistant it will be to negative external factors in the form of water and sun, so you will have to carry out eyelash correction much more often.
- Second component, which can cause allergies is a stabilizer. The concentration of the substance in the composition determines what consistency the glue will be: liquid or thick. The resistance of the composition to temperature extremes depends on this indicator, so the presence of this component is mandatory.
- third substancewhich can cause unwanted reactions of the body to eyelash extensions, there will be formaldehyde-based dyes and it is better to refuse them.
Such a composition often causes allergies in women, so it is better to use compositions dyed with ordinary ash – it is safe.
How to Minimize the Risk of Adhesive Allergy with Eyelash Extensions
- Negative manifestations from the components of the composition can occur both in the client of the salon and in the master, so the sensitivity test is a mandatory step in the eyelash extension procedure.
- If a woman first seeks such a modification of her appearance, then a professional always conducts a trial gluing of several hairs at the corners of her eyes in order to initially eliminate allergies.
- If unwanted reactions occur already during the period of wearing artificial hairs, you should immediately contact your master to remove the extended eyelashes.
- To minimize negative consequences, salons carefully monitor the quality of the materials used, observe the storage regimes and terms. Be sure to regularly ventilate the working premises and carry out antibacterial treatment with special lamps.
- To get rid of glue fumes, a good ventilation system must be installed in the salon, which removes the allergen in a few seconds, then you can be sure that the eyelash extension procedure is conditionally safe.
The occurrence of irritation of the mucous membranes and skin after gluing artificial hairs is a rather rare phenomenon, but it exists. If you want to protect your health, then apply for a procedure in salons that have proven themselves to use safe and high-quality materials.