Simple tips to grow long nails
Most of the fair sex has long stopped the pursuit of natural nails, because there is such an alternative as building. This is both safer and more convenient. But there are also ardent opponents of gel, acrylic or shellac on nails. The main argument is that it harms the nails.
So, if you are still among those who strive to preserve natural beauty and naturalness, against various fashionable beauty procedures, we will tell you how you can speed up the growth of your own nails and strengthen them. And let your friends build up!
Point 1: adjust the diet
In order for the nails to become strong and healthy, it is necessary not only to apply certain pharmaceutical products or formulations from natural products to the plate. First of all, you need to adjust your own diet. This, by the way, will be useful for the figure.
So, first of all, for healthy nails, hair and skin, calcium, zinc and iron are needed. It is better to take them separately, after consulting with a specialist. It is also recommended to include in the diet foods rich in vitamins A, B, C, E.
Point 2: give up bad habits
To grow healthy and strong nails, it is necessary not only to adjust the diet, but also to give up a number of bad habits. One of these is alcohol.
Even in small quantities, it negatively affects the body. Instead, we try to drink more natural drinks from citrus fruits, berries and green fruits.
Item 3: making nail baths
In order for the nails to grow faster and not break, it is necessary to carry out regular procedures to strengthen them. The simplest are baths for hands and nails.
There are many homemade recipes that help to thicken the plate and soften the skin of the hands. We have collected the simplest ones that are easy to repeat at home.
Lemon juice and iodine
The first recipe involves preparing a mixture of lemon juice and iodine. Squeeze the juice of one medium lemon into a saucer and add 5-6 drops of iodine to it. We lower the fingertips and hold for 10-15 minutes. After that, blot with a soft towel and apply a moisturizer.
The oldest recipe for strengthening nails is to apply iodine to the entire plate. It is recommended to perform the procedure before going to bed, because during sleep the orange-yellow tint will have time to disappear and will not attract too much attention to the hands.
Salt, iodine and water
Another recipe that strengthens nails is a couple of drops of iodine, 1 teaspoon of salt (preferably sea salt) and a glass of warm (200 ml) water. Stir the composition thoroughly until the salt is completely dissolved and dip your fingertips into it. We keep 10-15 minutes. We repeat daily.
St. John’s wort, chamomile and burdock root
You can speed up the growth of nails with the help of a useful herbal bath. Pour boiling water over St. John’s wort, chamomile and burdock root in equal proportions. Usually take one tablespoon of dry herbs. We insist 10-15 minutes, then we lower our hands. We keep 5-10 minutes. We repeat in 2 days.
Point 4: refuse varnish
If you decide to grow your nails and strengthen them, give up regular varnish.
- Firstly, it will interfere with the nutrition that comes through the baths.
- And, secondly, each removal with acetone negatively affects them.
It is allowed to use special cosmetic preparations – growth stimulants. As part of such concentrated products – natural essential oils and vitamins. By the way, manicure with a transparent coating is at the peak of popularity today.
Long nails are beautiful and elegant. So once you set a goal, follow it. And having achieved, follow a number of additional recommendations:
- Continue strengthening with baths. The procedure can be repeated less often, but you should not completely abandon it.
- It is also important to use a quality coating and nail polish remover.
- In winter, it is important to protect your hands and nails from frost. Warm gloves 1-2 sizes larger will help you feel comfortable with long nails and not spoil things.
- Cleaning and washing dishes using household chemicals should be done with gloves. Such products negatively affect the skin of the hands and the condition of the nails. They become thin and brittle.
- Daily care is important. It consists in applying a nourishing cream to the skin of the hands and oil to the cuticle. It is also recommended to perform a deep cleansing procedure with a scrub once a week.