Who is lymphatic drainage body massage suitable for: a detailed overview of the procedure
Improper functioning of the lymphatic system can cause various health problems from a deterioration in metabolism to weight gain and swelling. In order to prevent such a condition, as well as for the purpose of prevention, it is recommended to periodically undergo lymphatic drainage massage sessions. We will tell you about how the procedure goes and what features it has.
What is lymphatic drainage massage?
Before signing up for any procedure, it is important to study the issue in full, so let’s consider the features of the lymphatic system and its components.
The lymphatic system includes capillaries, vessels, lymph nodes, parathyroid glands, tonsils, spleen, thymus. The main task of the system is the transportation of tissue fluid. The end point is blood. To ensure the normal functioning of the system, regular exercise and proper nutrition are recommended. However, not everyone follows these recommendations. So a sedentary lifestyle and the predominance of harmful foods in the diet lead to stagnation of the lymph. To disperse it, the method of passive influence on the tissue fluid is used.
If the lymph flow is disturbed, fluid stagnates in the body, which is manifested by health problems, increased swelling. Lymphatic drainage massage is called to establish the system.
Lymphatic drainage massage – This is a procedure designed to disperse the fluid in the body, speed up the work of the lymphatic system, so that the metabolism normalizes.
Today, lymphatic drainage body massage is one of the most popular procedures in beauty salons, cosmetologists and massage therapists. You can also make yourself similar to yourself with special massagers, banks, but the result will be much worse.
Specialists perform lymphatic drainage massage with hands or a special apparatus. In the second case, we are talking about a cosmetic procedure, which is often used to correct the figure and restore the former attractive forms.
Read more: Cosmetic procedures for weight loss in the hips and abdomen.
Indications for the procedure
Lymphatic drainage massage of the body and face is widely used in modern medicine and cosmetology. The main indications for its appointment from a medical point of view can be:
- Stagnation in the lymphatic system;
- Frequent headaches;
- Problems with the gastrointestinal tract, etc.
In cosmetology, lymphatic drainage massage is popular when it is necessary to solve such problems as:
- Desire to lose weight (works only in combination with training and a suitable diet);
- The presence of cellulite, stretch marks on the body;
- Small wrinkles on the face;
It is also a great way to recover after childbirth, as it helps to tone muscles, restore firmness and elasticity to the skin, and get rid of fluid retention in the body.
There are several types of lymphatic drainage massage:
The choice of procedure depends on the goal to be achieved. Surface massage recommended if you need a slight effect on the lymphatic system in order to strengthen the immune system. It is indicated in the absence of increased swelling, problems with metabolism, and violations of the outflow of lymph. Done by hand. With light circular movements of the fingers, we try to move the lymph to the nodes and relieve vasospasm. It is possible to independently perform in order to prevent lymph stagnation, if the lifestyle is sedentary.
Deep massage technique involves the use of a special apparatus. There are different ways to carry out the procedure:
- pressure massage;
- vacuum drainage.
Pressotherapy – the most common option. During this cosmetic procedure, the problem areas are exposed to compressed air. Vacuum drainage uses a special nozzle that massages problem areas. This method resembles the use of cans, however, redness on the body is excluded.
Microcurrent activation of lymph collectors occurs when choosing acupressure lymphatic drainage massage. This technique can also be used on the face.
Features of performing lymphatic drainage massage
To bring the lymphatic system back to normal and “disperse” it, not a single massage session is required, regardless of whether it is manual or hardware.
When choosing a manual lymphatic drainage massage, it is important to make sure that the specialist is qualified.
The most effective and progressive option at the moment is considered to be lymphatic drainage body massage with pressure massage. The essence of the procedure is the impact of compressed air on problem areas through a pneumatic suit. Thanks to this procedure, it is possible not only to influence the lymphatic system, but also to prepare the body for further body shaping procedures, because all of them involve the preliminary removal of excess fluid from the body.
The session includes a number of steps:
- The first stage is consultation. Before starting the procedure, it is recommended to consult with a specialist and make sure that there are no contraindications.
- The second stage is preparation. Before starting the procedure, you need to drink some liquid. Then we sit comfortably on the couch. The master cleanses the skin, applies a special cream.
- The third is manual warming up of the body. Before the hardware massage, the specialist warms up the problem areas of the body with his hands, which will be affected by the cosmetology device in the future.
- The fourth is massage. The movements of the hands of a specialist or apparatus must necessarily be directed to the flow of lymph to the nearest nodes.
- The fifth is skin cleansing. At the end of the massage session, the beautician removes excess gel from the body and applies a soothing moisturizer.
Lymphatic drainage massage is prescribed in a complex manner, although according to customer reviews, positive dynamics are observed after the first procedure:
- The general condition of the body improves;
- Puffiness subsides;
- The state of increased anxiety and nervousness passes;
- Headaches become less frequent or stop bothering at all.
Visible changes on the body, such as getting rid of stretch marks, cellulite, a decrease in volume in the hips, abdomen and arms, can be observed after 3-4 procedures.
Look at the “before and after” photos to see the effectiveness of therapeutic lymphatic drainage massage:
Despite the fact that the lymphatic system needs stimulation, there can be serious contraindications to lymphatic drainage massage procedures. That is why it is recommended to first visit a specialist, and then make an appointment with a beautician.
- the presence of oncological tumors and formations;
- open skin lesions (burns,…