Recipes for homemade masks for dry hair
Hair is of different types: dry, normal or oily. Each type has a set of properties that distinguishes it from others.
Compared to others, dry hair type does not need to be washed often and this can be called a plus. But, the big disadvantage is that dry hair is difficult to style and, with frequent chemical exposure, looks dull and lifeless. With the right care and nutrition, you can keep dry hair healthy, as well as restore their well-groomed appearance.
Causes of dry hair
If you notice a change in your hair, the curls have become too dry and naughty, then there may be a number of serious reasons for this. This can be facilitated by both external and internal factors.
In order to ensure proper treatment and care, you need to accurately determine the cause of the changes. External factors of dry hair can be:
- unhealthy diet, smoking, drinking alcohol;
- lack of vitamins and minerals;
- disruption of the sebaceous glands;
- dry air and exposure to high temperatures;
- regular staining;
- frequent use of low-quality combs and cosmetics.
In addition to external factors, hair changes can be affected by internal changes in the body. The most common are the following reasons:
- various types of mental illness;
- problems with the endocrine system;
- anemia, ichthyosis or psoriasis;
- imbalance of hormones;
- thyroid disease;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- various types of allergies.
It can also be caused by a genetic predisposition. When restoring hair, you need to pay attention not only to wellness procedures, but also to lifestyle in general.
To restore hair, it is recommended to start eating right, reduce the use of fast food. It is especially important to avoid frequent drinking of alcoholic beverages and smoking of tobacco products.
Various wellness masks can get rid of excessive dryness of hair. Useful ingredients will help restore your curls to health and shine in just a couple of months of regular use.
How to take care of dry hair?
In order to protect the hair from external harmful factors, it is worth taking care of them properly. There is a few simple rulessubject to which you will not need to spend time on hair restoration, namely:
- Don’t wash your hair often. Too frequent cleansing of the head (every 1-2 days) leads to overdrying of the skin with shampoo components. As a last resort, use products for everyday use.
- Choose a shampoo according to your hair type. It should nourish and moisturize the skin and hair, and not dry it out.
- Do not neglect hair balm. It is desirable that the conditioner be from the same line as the shampoo. Maximum compatibility of products will ensure proper care. Before using cleaning and nourishing products, be sure to read the instructions for use. Often, the balm is washed off almost immediately after application to the head. It is wrong for the product to be absorbed into the head, at least 4-5 minutes must pass.
- Use warm water. Too high a temperature adversely affects the hair.
- You should try to use a comb made of natural materials, and also not to untangle your hair immediately after washing. They should be damp, not wet, so you injure the hair structure less.
- Protect curls from the sun (UV rays) and frost. Panama hats in summer, hats in winter are enough for protection.
- Trim your hair regularly, especially if you have split ends.
- Try to minimize the use of thermal styling devices, as well as coloring.
- Hair health depends on lifestyle. Therefore, you need to eat right, get rid of bad habits, and also give a small load on the muscles – play sports or walk more.
Also, for the health of hair, skin and the body as a whole, it is necessary to drink clean water. If you find it difficult to force yourself to drink water, you can drink tea without sugar or add freshly squeezed fruit juice to the water.
Features of the use of masks for dry hair
Each hair mask has its own characteristics and recommendations for use. But there are a few rules that will help make the procedure more effective, regardless of the recipe chosen:
- It is best to apply the mask on damp hair. No need to completely wet, just spray on the curls with a spray bottle.
- After applying any mask, it is better to wrap your head with polyethylene and a towel. This will allow you to achieve the desired temperature for the wellness procedure.
- Egg-based masks should be at room temperature, as an elevated temperature will cause curdling and make the rinsing process difficult. Other masks are recommended to be heated to 40-45 °.
- For dry hair, it is contraindicated to wash off the mask with hot water. When rinsing your hair, you can add vinegar to the water to get rid of the smell of the components.
- Masks for dryness should be done regularly, according to the recommendations in the recipe. Courses can be repeated until a noticeable effect appears.
- Most regenerating and nourishing masks do not contain aggressive substances, so it’s okay if the mask stays on your head longer than the recommended time. Some masks can be left overnight or not washed off at all.
Following these simple rules will help you get the most out of masks for dry hair.
Before using the mask, you need to check if there is an allergy to one of its components. To conduct a small test, you need to apply a little product to the bend of the elbow and leave it there for several hours. If you do not notice any negative changes on the skin (redness, rash), then you can safely use the mask.
Masks for dry hair
Masks for dry hair are very diverse. Their ingredients depend on the desired effect. Hair care products can be purchased at the store or use folk recipes and cook at home.
Masks for dry hair provide:
- Restoration and nutrition of hair;
- Getting rid of dandruff;
- Strengthening hair roots, preventing hair loss;
- Getting rid of split ends of hair;
- Gives shine and volume to the hair at the root.
Most often, hair masks can be found based on kefir, eggs, hops, aloe juice and various essential oils.
Kefir is an affordable and effective remedy that is rich in vitamins B and E, calcium, protein and yeast. These components nourish, strengthen and restore hair well. It is very convenient to use kefir for masks prepared at home. Kefir on curls forms a thin film that protects the hairs from external factors.
Kefir can be used as a mask in its purest form. AT…