Hair masks for highlighted hair
The process of highlighting hair is considered an art. Thanks to clarified or contrasting strands, you can refresh the image and stay at the peak of fashion trends. However, after chemical exposure, the curls lose their former strength, become dry and lifeless.
Proper care will help restore the beauty of curls, and the result from the use of homemade masks will not take long.
Rules for caring for highlighted hair
highlighting considered a more gentle type of staining. This is due to the fact that the hair does not lighten at the roots and does not injure the scalp.
However, after highlighting, the hair becomes noticeably drier and brittle, and also loses shine and volume. In order to ensure proper care for highlighted strands, you need to be guided by the following rules:
- Use shampoo and conditioner for colored hair. This will ensure proper care of the strands after chemical exposure;
- Do not neglect the use of nourishing shampoos and conditioners. After each cleansing, the hair scales rise, pigment and nutrients are washed out of them. Therefore, it is worth using products that make curls less porous. Hair conditioners will give hair additional protection from thermal effects;
- Protect curls from ultraviolet light. On hot, sunny days, you need to wear hats, protecting curls from sunlight;
- Do not brush wet hair. At this time, they are more vulnerable, it is easy to injure them with a comb. It is better to comb the curls wet or dry;
- It is advisable to use non-natural combs. It is worth giving preference to objects made of wood or bone;
- It is necessary to limit the use of electrical hair styling appliances. Hair dryers, curling irons, irons, etc. adversely affect the structure of the strands, making them thin and lifeless;
- Do nourishing hair masks regularly. You can buy products in the store or cook them at home. The most effective are those that contain the maximum amount of natural ingredients. With regular use of masks, curls will acquire a healthy appearance in a couple of months.
During hair restoration, it is recommended to consume more vitamins. Lack of sleep, stress and bad habits affect, first of all, the hair and skin. Therefore, it is important to monitor your health and emotional state.
Homemade mask recipes
homemade masks for hair are easy to prepare and do not require large cash costs. Their main advantage is that they are 100% natural ingredients. You need to choose a mask in accordance with the type of hair, as well as the color of the curls. If you just refreshed the image, you should not use masks with lemon, as they can lighten the strands a little.
Owners of oily hair type should give preference to a recipe that contains a product that dries curls. This will normalize the secretion of sebum at the roots, but nourish the dehydrated ends.
Dry hair type is recommended to pay increased attention to hydration and nutrition. Such curls are naturally quite brittle, so lightening the hair can negatively transform the strands, making them lifeless “straw”.
Honey, kefir, essential oils and citrus fruits will perfectly cope with dehydration and make curls shiny and silky.
In order for masks for highlighted hair to give a positive result in a short time, the following must be observed: recommendations:
- Masks should be done on damp, but not wet hair. To do this, it is enough to sprinkle them with a spray bottle or moisten the hair with a wet towel;
- During the procedure, you need to wrap the curls in polyethylene and a towel. This will maintain the desired temperature on the surface of the head, necessary to obtain a reaction;
- Rinse off the product in warm water using shampoo. Water should not be hot, as high temperature spoils the hair structure;
- Before using the mask, each composition must be checked for an allergic reaction. Each organism is unique, therefore, it is not immune from individual intolerance to any of the components of the recipe. To do this, a small amount of the mask should be applied to the crook of the elbow or wrist for 15-20 minutes. If no discomfort occurs, for example, redness or itching, then the composition can be used for its intended purpose.
- Masks with mustard, pepper or salt should not be used by those who have wounds or scratches on their heads. The active components of the products can cause discomfort, burning or even a slight burn.
Also, when performing the procedure, you need to monitor the time. Some masks are not recommended to be kept longer than the specified time. The composition can give irritation, and some products will be difficult to wash off.
Toning masks are designed to slightly correct the result after lightening and coloring hair. A brighter shade will appear on blond hair, but dark curls will also acquire a unique color. As a result, natural dyes will not only change the shade of the hair, but also make the hair healthier and shinier.
Products with a large amount of pigment will help transform the tone of the hair. The choice of product depends on the desired colors:
- For a dark shade, coffee, chocolate are suitable;
- Onion peel will help to acquire a red tint;
- For a red tint, beet juice is suitable;
- A golden hue can be given to blond hair thanks to a decoction of chamomile or cinnamon powder.
To prepare mask for blondes cinnamon you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. l. jojoba oils;
- 1 chicken yolk;
- 1 st. l. honey;
- 1 st. l. cinnamon.
Thanks to jojoba extract, honey and eggs, curls will receive not only a noble shade, but also gentle hair nutrition. This mask is recommended for owners of any type of hair. Cinnamon regulates the secretion of sebum, while honey and yolk moisturize the hair.
To prepare the product, you need to mix jojoba oil and yolk, then add honey and cinnamon. The procedure lasts 30 minutesafter which the mask is washed off with warm water. This compound can be used 2-3 times in Week.
To prepare a mask for reddish hue, you must first boil the onion peel in water for 30 minutes. Then discard the rest of the product and add colorless henna to the liquid.
Apply the resulting mixture to damp hair and leave for 40-50 minutes, depending on the desired result. Similarly, masks are prepared with other natural dyes.
Strengthen hair after lightening will help citrus fruit. They will give vitamins A, E, C, B, etc., which will make up for the lack of elements after chemical exposure.