Hair masks with mayonnaise: the best recipes
Few people know that mayonnaise can be used not only in cooking, but also in non-traditional cosmetology for hair treatment. The most popular among lovers of homemade masks is homemade mayonnaise, which contains a lot of substances useful for the scalp.
The benefits of mayonnaise for hair
Mayonnaise is not only a great addition to various culinary delights, it is also extremely beneficial for the scalp and hair. Its benefits are due to the composition, which contains:
- Vegetable oil that helps strengthen and nourish the bulbs;
- Yolk, giving volume;
- Mustard, stimulating hair growth;
- Vinegar that eliminates dandruff;
- Lemon juice, which increases blood flow in the epidermis of the head.
Mayonnaise is ideal for masks designed for dry, thin, brittle and weakened hair. It makes strands soft and silky, adds shine and restores natural elasticity.
How to make homemade mayonnaise?
When choosing between purchased and homemade mayonnaise, preference, of course, should be given to the second. There are no dyes and preservatives in homemade mayonnaise that can weaken the effect of the mask, and sometimes even do more harm than good.
To make homemade mayonnaise, it is better to use fresh natural ingredients, and squeeze the juice from the lemon just before adding it to the mass.
You can prepare homemade mayonnaise according to the recipe:
- Break two fresh chicken eggs into a saucepan, add a teaspoon of salt and half a spoonful of sugar, add one or two teaspoons of mustard powder and a tablespoon of lemon juice;
- Beat the ingredients with a blender or whisk until a homogeneous mass is obtained;
- Pour 250 milliliters of vegetable or olive oil in a thin stream, continuing to beat the mixture;
- If the mass is too thick, you can dilute it with a small amount of warm boiled water.
Homemade mayonnaise should be stored in the refrigerator, but before applying to the hair, it must be brought to room temperature. Also, do not forget that its shelf life is less than that of the purchased one, so mayonnaise should be prepared before the procedure.
Recipes for hair masks with mayonnaise
Despite the usefulness of using homemade mayonnaise, not all housewives have enough time to prepare it, then the store analogue is used. When choosing a purchased mayonnaise, you need to pay attention to two decisive factors:
- First of all, the percentage of fat content is important. The higher the fat content, the better for the hair:
- In second place is the composition, it should contain as few preservatives, dyes, stabilizers and flavors as possible.
Whether store-bought or homemade, there are a number of products that make a great addition to mayonnaise when making a hair mask. In the case when a homemade product is used, many ingredients are added directly during its preparation.
Most often in combination with mayonnaise is used:
- Burdock and castor oil;
- Egg yolks.
Components are selected according to the type of hair, scalp and the desired effect. It is important to take into account the presence of allergic reactions and diseases of the epidermis.
Mayonnaise-based hair mask is not recommended to be used more than once a week, with severely damaged curls – no more than two.
The easiest way to use mayonnaise is to apply it in its pure form to damp hair, wrap it with a towel and keep it for an hour and a half, and then rinse it off using shampoo and balm.
From falling out
Hair mask with egg and mayonnaise perfectly strengthens hair follicles and prevents hair loss. It is considered one of the most effective options for a mayonnaise mask, which helps to cope with the problem of hair loss in a short time.
Preparation of a mask with mayonnaise is carried out according to the recipe:
- We prepare homemade mayonnaise, bringing it to room temperature, we take out three fresh chicken eggs from the refrigerator in advance;
- Mix 150 grams of mayonnaise with separately whipped yolks, achieving a uniform mass;
- We apply the mixture to the roots of the hair, distributing it along the entire length to the very tips;
- Wrap your head in a towel and leave for twenty minutes;
- We wash our hair with barely warm water, without using shampoo.
To get rid of the specific smell of a mayonnaise mask with an egg, you can add a few drops of lavender or rosemary essential oil to the water.
Another version of the mask for hair loss is prepared on the basis of oil. To prepare the mixture, you will need to mix mayonnaise with burdock oil in a ratio of three to one. The mass is applied to the hair for forty minutes and washed off with shampoo, then using conditioner.
For fast growth
Mayonnaise mask for rapid hair growth is prepared with the addition of mustard, which stimulates blood flow to the hair follicles. Despite the benefits of such a mixture, it is important to take into account the personal intolerance of the ingredients.
Mustard in the composition of the mayonnaise mask provokes a burning sensation in the skin. In case of strong discomfort, it should be washed off immediately.
For fast hair growth, the following recipe is suitable:
- Mix two tablespoons of homemade mayonnaise with a teaspoon of mustard powder;
- Mix until smooth and apply to the roots of unwashed hair;
- We massage the scalp a little, without rubbing the mixture;
- We warm the hair with a towel and leave for twenty to twenty-five minutes;
- Wash off with warm water and shampoo.
It is recommended to use the mask in a course with a break of one month.
For strength and density
To strengthen the hair follicles and the density of the strands, a homemade mask based on mayonnaise and yeast, which nourishes the roots with essential trace elements and minerals, is ideal.
Hair Mask Recipe:
- Pour one tablespoon of yeast with two tablespoons of kefir and grind until completely dissolved. Leave for thirty minutes in a warm place;
- Add a tablespoon of mayonnaise, one egg yolk, a teaspoon of butter and four to six drops of ylang-ylang or rosemary essential oil to the mixture;
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply the mask in a circular motion from the roots to the entire length of the strands;
- Put on a hat or wrap your head with polyethylene, leaving the mixture for an hour;
- Wash off with cool water with shampoo, apply balm.
In the absence of allergies, it is allowed to add a teaspoon of mustard powder to the mixture. In cases where a strong burning sensation is felt, the mask should be washed off ahead of time.
Against brittleness and dryness
For dry and brittle hair, a moisturizing mask made from mayonnaise, eggs, avocados and various oils will be a real salvation. This mask is recommended to be used once or twice a week, especially in cold weather.