The best onion hair mask recipes
Onions are widely used in households. This is not only a food product, but an indispensable tool in the master’s first aid kit.
The beneficial properties of onions in combination with other components provide an effective effect on the skin. Onion prevents hair loss, strengthens and heals the roots, and also eliminates dandruff. Onion juice hair masks provide excellent care for both dry and oily curls.
Useful properties of onions for hair
With the help of onions, you can revive weak, neglected hair. The composition of the product contains a large amount of vitamins and nutrients, the positive effect of which is not even fully understood in medicine.
In the onion contained:
- Vitamins of groups B, C, K, PP.
- Alkaloids (cycloalliin, thiopropional, methylalliin, kaempferol);
- Natural polysaccharide inulin;
- Micronutrients: potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, etc.
It has been proven that a lack of vitamin PP leads to the death of hair follicles. This leads to hair loss and even baldness. Nicotinic acid in the composition of the onion nourishes the hair follicles, contributes to the normalization of microcirculation and the regeneration of skin cells.
Vitamins that are involved in the synthesis of cells strengthen and accelerate hair growth. Vitamin B12 contributes to the increased nutrition of the roots, makes the hair thicker, shiny and manageable.
Organic acids in the composition accelerate the natural processes of skin death, promote exfoliation of the skin surface, have an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect. The combination of nutrients contributes to the effective and rapid disposal of dandruff.
Features of the use of onions for hair
Onions are a versatile hair product. Masks from this product are suitable for any type of hair. Onion juice can be used as the only component in the mask, or supplement it with auxiliary ingredients in order to enhance this or that effect.
Before using this product as an ingredient in masks, you need to know the existing contraindications. onion juice is best do not use if:
- There are cuts and abrasions on the skin. Onion has an active effect on the skin, so it can only increase irritation and discomfort;
- Hair is dyed bright. The pungent onion juice can lighten or change the color of your hair. Before use, it is better to consult a paint specialist;
- There are allergies and individual intolerance to the product. You can conduct a small test to determine the reaction. To do this, you need to lubricate a small area of \u200b\u200bthe skin on the bend of the elbow with onion juice.
If after a while the skin does not turn red and does not start to itch, you can safely apply masks with onion juice.
In order for the onion mask to be as useful and effective as possible, you must follow set of rules:
- You need to use only onion juice, not gruel. This is due to the fact that onion puree is poorly washed off and gives an unpleasant odor, which is problematic to get rid of.
- The onion mask should be applied only to the hair roots, rubbing the product into the skin with your fingers.
- The composition of any mask with onions will become more effective if you heat it in a water bath to 35-37 °.
- During the procedure, it is recommended to wear a shower cap and wrap your head with a bath towel.
- After the mask, rinse your hair thoroughly with warm running water. In order not to leave an unpleasant odor, it is better to use special rinses.
Hair treatment with onion masks is carried out for one month. The course can be repeated with a break of 1-2 months. Procedures should be carried out 2-3 times a week, depending on the desired result.
The most effective onion hair masks
In order for the mask to provide an effect and, conversely, not harm the hair, you need to prepare a fresh mask before each use. Regardless of how you store the mixture, it will lose most of its beneficial properties after 24 hours.
If during the application of the mask you feel a burning sensation, then the procedure should be stopped. When repeating the procedure, a smaller amount of onion should be added.
It is recommended to keep any onion mask on the hair for no more than 20 minutes, as a slight burn may appear on the skin. It is recommended to apply the mixture to dry and clean hair, but the hair should not be washed right before the procedure.
The most effective onion juice recipes have the power to:
- Stop hair loss;
- Help get rid of dandruff;
- Nourish dry hair;
- Regulate the balance of fat secreted by the skin;
Only regular use and adherence to the recommendations will give a favorable result from the mask.
Classic onion hair mask recipe
If the hair is often subjected to an active chemical effect in the form of coloring or perming, the structure of the hair changes. The hair becomes stiff, weakened and difficult to style. A green onion mask will help such hair perfectly.
To prepare, you need to wash green onion shoots, finely chop and pass through a blender. Grind the onion to a state of fine gruel.
Apply the mask to the roots, and then wrap your head with polyethylene and a towel. The procedure is carried out 50-60 minutesand repeats every week.
Pure onion juice can be used as a mask. To prepare, you need to chop the onion and squeeze it through cheesecloth.
The juice should be applied with a hair coloring brush to the roots and left for 15-20 minutes. To soften the action of the onion, it is recommended to add a few drops of any essential oil, such as lemon.
Onion mask against hair loss
One of the most effective folk recipes against hair loss is a mask with onions and honey. Onions stimulate hair growth and strengthen them. The tool can also be used as a preventive measure.
The mask will require the following ingredients:
- 20 ml of castor oil;
- 1 st. l honey;
- 10 ml onion juice.
The listed products must be mixed until smooth and applied to the hair roots with massaging movements. The course is carried out for a month, once a week. This is enough to stop the process of hair loss. If necessary, it is recommended to repeat the procedure after at least a month of rest.
Recipe for dandruff
Owners of dry hair type are not recommended to make mono dandruff masks only from onions. This can dry out the skin and add extra flakiness. For this type of hair, it is recommended to reduce the concentration of the vegetable by diluting it with various essential oils, as well as sour cream, cream and egg white.
If you have an oily hair type, then you should add alcohol tinctures, milk, mustard or some essential oils to the mask.
Dry hair mask recipe…