Recipes for hair restoration masks at home
Every girl dreams of well-groomed nourished hair, because this is the main element of female beauty. Most often, the desire to create a great hairstyle leads to the opposite effect: lightening hair, using irons and curling irons, drying hair with a hair dryer, and using styling products, all this destroys the hair structure. Exacerbates the consequences of unhealthy diet, stress, lack of sleep, lack of essential vitamins, bad habits. What to do in such a case? It is recommended to use restorative masks from time to time. You can buy such maxi in specialized stores or make your own at home.
Hair restoration at home
It is worth starting hair restoration with a change in care products and taking vitamins. Here you will have to be patient, because this is a long process. Do not expect that after the first application, the hair will return to its former splendor. But if you are not ready to wait, then restoring masks are the most effective way, especially if they are homemade. The effect will not be long in coming, after the first application your curls will become nourished, radiant and well-groomed.
Advantages of homemade masks over store-bought ones:
- You are 100% sure of the composition of your mask. You never know for sure how your hair will react to a particular ingredient in a store-bought mask;
- Homemade masks will cost you less than store-bought ones. Most likely, you will find all the necessary ingredients for the mask in your refrigerator;
- Such masks are as effective as purchased ones;
It is strange to consider the bow as the main component of the mask, but you will be surprised how this mask will transform your hair. Onions contain phosphorus, zinc, calcium and iron. Such a rich composition of trace elements contributes to the rapid nourishment of hair. It is the healing of hair follicles that leads to the regeneration of the entire hair structure.
Using homemade onion masks – one of the most budgetary ways to restore the structure of the curl. But the most important advantage of the onion mask is that it is suitable for any type of hair: dry, oily, dyed, brittle, combined.
For cooking we need:
- 4 tbsp. l. juice obtained from onions (finely chop the vegetable and strain through a strainer);
- 2 tbsp. l. liquid honey;
- 2 tbsp. l. mayonnaise (homemade) or egg yolk;
- 2 tbsp. l. sunflower oil.
Mix all the above components until a homogeneous consistency. The finished mixture is rubbed with massage movements into the scalp, and then distributed over the entire length of the hair. Keep the mask for 1 to 2 hours under a shower cap or use a plastic bag. After 2 hours, wash off the mask from your hair using your favorite shampoo. Essential oils, which are part of the onion, give the hair elasticity and healthy shine.
Ways to get rid of onion smell:
- To get rid of the onion smell, we need lemon juice. Dilute 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with a liter of water and rinse your hair well. This procedure not only eliminates unpleasant odors, but also adds shine to the hair;
- We advise you to use only onion juice, not gruel. The structure of the hair is porous, which means that it absorbs the smell very easily. Strain the juice of the onion as best you can;
- Essential oils are the best odor neutralizer. Orange, rosemary, lemon, tea tree are ideal for this procedure. It is enough to add 5 drops of any of the above oils to the mask.
For this mask, we need black (rye) bread, because it is he, and not white, that contains a huge amount of nutrients.
Main nutrients of black bread for hair:
- Starch – gives shine;
- Nicotinic acid – strengthens hair, treats brittleness;
- Dietary fiber – improves metabolism;
- Pantothenic acid – saturates hair color.
Black bread can be compared to a soft scrub. It normalizes the blood circulation of the scalp, trace elements create a protective layer on the hair, which saves them from the negative effects of the environment. Perfect for restoring our weak hair herbal bread mask.
For cooking we need:
- Pour into a bowl of 1 tbsp. l. chamomile, sage, oregano and pour 1 cup of boiled water, insist and strain;
- Cut rye bread into small cubes for convenience, pour in broth and knead well;
- Add 2 yolks to our mass, after which we knead everything again.
If desired, hair oil can be added to the finished mixture for a better result. Application involves applying a mask along the entire length of the hair. Then leave the composition on the head under a shower cap for 60 minutes. This mask nourishes and restores damaged curls.
A few tips for making bread masks:
- The rye mask will be better washed off if a couple of drops of essential oils are added to it;
- It is worth using only the crumb, the process of washing out and mixing will be much faster and easier;
- If you have a blender, then using it will facilitate the mixing of all components;
- The mixture is applied to clean and damp hair.
Let’s start off with, what is yeast? These are unicellular mushrooms that are full of useful vitamins and trace elements. The main reason for the popularity of yeast is that it contains the protein that makes up the structure of the hair. This helps hair grow strong and healthy.
How to prepare a yeast mask:
- We buy any yeast for the mask. It can be dry, live or in tablets. Yeast in the form of tablets can be bought at pharmacies, and live or dry in any supermarket you are used to;
- You should dilute them in warm water and leave to ferment for 40 – 60 minutes. During this time, useful elements begin to activate;
- We recommend the following proportions: 30 g of wet yeast per glass of warm water. Then add the rest of the mask ingredients.
To prepare the mask, we need:
- Yeast – 2 tsp;
- Milk or water – 4 tbsp. l.;
- Sour cream – 2 tbsp. l.;
- Honey – 2 tbsp. l.;
- Oil for every taste (olive, castor, burdock) – 1 tsp;
Regular use yeast masks will not make you wait for the effect on the hair. Over time, the hair will become nourished, soft, and most importantly healthy. The vitamins and minerals contained in yeast will get rid of dandruff, restore hair structure and get rid of all sorts of other problems associated with deteriorating hair quality.
Recipe for a mask with egg and cognac
If you have a bottle of good cognac hidden at home, feel free to add it to the egg mask. The drink is often used as the main ingredient in masks to strengthen the hair structure, restore and improve color. Recommendation…