RF lifting for the face – all the nuances of the procedure and the real benefits
The cosmetology industry is developing and offering more and more new technologies for rejuvenation. Many cosmetologists recommend the radio wave lifting procedure to their clients and say that this is a worthy replacement for plastic surgery, especially when it comes to the age category 35+.
RF lifting has won a large audience. The procedure is painless and non-traumatic, and the effect can be observed after 1-3 sessions. It all depends on the professionalism of the cosmetologist, the structure of the skin and the apparatus with which this procedure is carried out.
The essence of RF lifting
RF lifting is considered an effective method of rejuvenation and weight loss. With the help of special devices, various zones are affected by an electric current or an electromagnetic field.
The tissues are heated to a certain temperature, at which the fibrillar protein begins to shrink, which is the basis of the connective tissue and is responsible for firmness and elasticity (collagen). Also, RF-lifting affects the subcutaneous fat and starts the natural processes of weight loss and rejuvenation.
A distinctive advantage of RF-lifting is the ability to influence the deep layers of the dermis and the possibility of using it in almost all parts of the body. cosmetologists note that after the sessions, rehabilitation is not required.
The procedure has not only a real effect, but also a cumulative one. After about six months, the effect intensifies. This is due to the fact that radio wave lifting triggers the mechanism of natural collagen synthesis.
The target for radio waves is water molecules. Before carrying out RF-lifting, it is recommended to undergo preliminary procedures for moisturizing the skin.
There are three types of RF-lifting:
- Monopolar has one electrode in the nozzle, and the second clings to the leg or arm. The procedure is carried out once. It is used to combat local fat deposits, has a rejuvenating effect. Most often, monopolar lifting is used on the abdomen and thighs, as a higher temperature is created in the affected area. Radiation penetrates into deep layers and can cause pain. The power of the devices is from 150 to 300 W;
- Bipolar contains two electrodes (+/-) in the nozzle and is considered a softer method of correction. Some machines use a vacuum that sucks the skin between the electrodes. The energy passes through the skin fold from electrode to electrode and does not penetrate deep into the dermis. This method is suitable for the correction of the face, neck and decollete. There is no magnetic field. With this exposure, pain is not felt. The result is achieved after a series of procedures. The power of the devices is from 30 to 60 W;
- Multipolar contains from three or more electrodes, but only two work at the same time. Energy passes deep into the skin, but it acts in different directions. Such a lifting involves more than 10 sessions, since the impact energy is low-power – from 15 watts. Applicable for the correction of the face, neck and decollete.
It is important to understand the differences in the devices that are being manipulated. In RF-lifting, two types of devices are used:
- The first type of devices equipped with metal electrodes that allow you to warm up the skin by electrical action. The current passes through the tissues and heat is released: the greater the resistance, the more they heat up. Based on this, a stronger thermal effect is produced on the skin and fat layer;
- The second type of devices creates an electromagnetic field. Under the action of a high-frequency electric field, polar molecules are distributed along the lines of force of the electric field. The higher the kinetic energy of the movement of molecules, the more the tissues heat up.
Both methods imply compaction and compression of collagen fibers, that is, they damage it, thereby stimulating the production of new ones. Heating the subcutaneous fat layer destroys fat cells, which eliminates cellulite.
The short-term positive effects of RF-lifting include stimulation of blood vessels that expand, which improves microcirculation and active synthesis of antibodies.
However, it should be understood that this procedure, like any other, has a number of contraindications. Before using it, you should consult a cosmetologist and undergo examinations by an endocrinologist and a dermatologist.
At what age can the procedure begin?
RF face lifting not only stops age-related changes, but also prevents skin problems and excess adipose tissue.
This procedure can be used from the age of 25-30, if there are indications. But cosmetologists recommend starting radio wave lifting from the age of 35-40.
Women in the 50+ group can also use this technique, but the result will be visible after a more intensive course, with a large number of sessions. After the onset of menopause, the cells of the dermis are no longer able to renew themselves so quickly. It will be necessary to maintain the achieved result with the help of other anti-aging procedures.
Indications and contraindications
The cosmetic procedure of radio wave lifting, like any other, has a number of indications and contraindications. Before it is carried out, it is necessary to visit a cosmetologist or dermatologist in order to exclude possible side effects and contraindications.
Indications for RF-lifting are:
- Ptosis in a mild form;
- Cellulite 1st and 2nd stage;
- Slight sagging of the skin;
- accumulation of fluid around the eyes;
- Nasolabial folds;
- Mimic and age wrinkles, including net ones;
- aging skin;
- Not pronounced scars, scars, post-acne.
Contraindications for RF-lifting include:
- thyroid problems;
- The presence of a pacemaker;
- Diseases associated with immunity;
- Bacterial, infectious, viral and fungal diseases;
- Prenatal period and lactation period;
- Reinforcement with threads of precious metals;
- The period of exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- The presence of implants and prostheses;
- Injured skin in the affected area;
- Epilepsy and some neurological diseases;
- Allergy to components of ointments and creams used during the procedure.
The course of the RF-lifting procedure
Before carrying out any cosmetic procedure, a preparatory period precedes. RF-lifting of the face does not require long specialized training. The preparation is as follows:
- Shortly before the radio wave lifting, it is necessary to carry out a procedure to moisturize the skin;
- Before the procedure, you should not …