Vitamin C, retinol, hyaluronic acid and a million other words are making a buzz in the cosmetics industry these days. If you’re looking for ingredients to help you fight aging, chances are you already know about vitamin C and how important it is for your skin. It protects your skin from damage caused by UVA and UVB rays, hyperpigmentation and sunburn. This amazing ingredient does a lot more than we think.
If you’re still wondering why you should use Vitamin C Facial Serum or don’t know where to start, start by reading this article. You have come to the right place. Read on to find out more.
Why Use Vitamin C Facial Serum?
Dermatologists, bloggers and beauty enthusiasts around the world are raving about vitamin C. Why? It reduces fine lines, fights signs of aging, boosts collagen production and protects you from free radicals. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that soothes the skin and provides relief from skin burns caused by inflammation. It does all this with just topical application.
Naturally, the most significant confusion lies in the choice of a product based on its price and effectiveness. But we can’t always take a product at face value. Several factors can help you compare products before making a decision. Here’s what you need to know.
How to choose the best vitamin C serum?
- First, look at the ingredients. Try to choose foods that are not filled with too many chemicals. See if the product contains other ingredients that supplement vitamin C like vitamins A and E, ascorbic acid, hyaluronic acid, ferulic acid, and other plant-based nutrients.
- Consider the potential of whey. It must be at least 20-25% potent in order to show results.
- The pH level of the product is another important factor to consider when purchasing whey. The serum should be slightly acidic in order to easily penetrate your skin. The typical range is somewhere between 2 to 3.5, but you can even go up to 5 or 6 depending on your skin type.
- Your skin type plays a big role in choosing a serum. People with oily skin should choose a serum containing L-ascorbic acid. Dry skin needs something with sodium and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate because they protect your skin from irritation, inflammation, and redness.
- Choose a serum that is colorless and odorless (unless it has a natural scent). Colored serums contain additives that reduce the effectiveness of the product.
- Be wary of cheap products as well as expensive ones that are not necessarily of good quality. Try and test a few products before you buy one.
Now that you know everything you need to keep in mind when shopping for vitamin C serum, let’s check out the best ones available on the market right now. Read the article on how to properly apply serum on the face.
Rating of the best serums with vitamin C
1st place-Vitamin C Facial Serum -SkinCeuticals
2nd place-Face Serum-Obagi Professional
3rd place-Dermadoctor Kakadu Facial Serum with Vitamin C 20% and Vitamin E
4th place-Serum-corrector Vichy LiftActiv with vitamin C
5th place-Clinique Fresh Pressed Daily Booster Facial Serum
TOP 10 best face serums with vitamin C according to customer reviews
Vitamin C Facial Serum -SkinCeuticals
SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic tops every chart when it comes to vitamin C serums. It’s powerful and delivers visible results. It is suitable for all skin types, penetrates your skin quickly and is the perfect anti-aging solution. It is a blend of pure vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) and ferulic acid that protect you from sun damage, repair photodamage wrinkles and reduce fine lines. Check out the best hyaluronic serums in this article.
- Contains vitamin E and ferulic acid
- Suitable for all skin types
- Brightens your skin
- Free of chemicals and parabens
True Alchemy 13% Vitamin C Serum
It’s another big name in the vitamin C segment. It’s a rich and powerful blend of vitamin C, antioxidants, ceramides, plant oils, and actives that soothe your skin while reducing signs of aging like wrinkles and sagging skin. It is ideal for both day and night use.
- Brightens and tightens the skin
- natural composition
- Gluten Free & Silicone Free
- Not suitable for all skin types
Facial Serum – Obagi Professional
By now it has been established that the signs of aging show up vividly on your skin. Your skin loses its elasticity over time, leading to fine lines and wrinkles. Here is another dermatologist-certified product that contains vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) that penetrates deep into your skin and shows results in a short time. Obagi is a world leader in skincare, so he knows what it takes to create an effective product. Check out the best serums of 2020-2021.
- Works on all skin types
- Skin feels soft and silky
- Powerful with Vitamin C Concentrate – 20%
Powerful serum with vitamin C, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid Levrana
This is a blend of powerful ingredients that not only fights the signs of aging, but also firms your skin. Whey is a combination of superfoods such as citrus fruits, kale, spinach and broccoli. It also contains ferulic acid, L-ascorbic acid, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid that penetrate your skin and show visible results. It stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, thereby improving the overall condition of your skin.
- Gentle on the skin
- Nourishes and brightens your skin
- Reduces redness of the skin
- Tightens pores
Dermadoctor Kakadu Face Serum with Vitamin C 20% and Vitamin E
Give your skin the attention it deserves with this vitamin C serum. It’s enriched with a formula that has approximately 55 times more vitamin C than oranges. Not only does it repair the damage caused by free radicals, but it also brightens and smoothes your skin.
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Does not contain sulfates and parabens –
- Makes your skin glow
- Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
- Not tested on animals
- A little sticky
Serum Mad Hippie
Mad Hippie combines Vitamin C, Ferulic Acid, Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid with exotic ingredients, putting it at the forefront of its line. Its other unique ingredients are Konjac root powder, which is rich in nutrients such as zinc,…