Strawberry face masks at home
Strawberries are one of the main berries that people consume. It is useful not only for food, but also for cosmetic purposes. Strawberry masks are used to improve the tone of the skin of the face, to give it smoothness and elasticity. Procedures carried out at home can be compared in their effectiveness with salon ones.
The benefits of strawberries for the face
Strawberries are recommended to be used as part of cosmetic masks due to their rich chemical composition. The berry is suitable for use by both owners of dry skin types and oily.
- Vitamins: A (retinol), groups B, C, E, PP and H;
- Macronutrients: calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, chlorine, sulfur;
- Trace elements: iron, zinc, manganese, boron, copper, etc.
Collectively, the vitamins and minerals contained in strawberries bring tangible benefits in cosmetic procedures. Strawberry masks nourish, moisturize and tone the skin of the face. Preparing the remedy is not difficult at home.
Strawberry masks have a multifaceted effect:
- Nourish and moisturize the skin of the face;
- Rejuvenate, smooth wrinkles;
- Protect the epidermis from dehydration and ultraviolet radiation;
- Prevent the appearance of inflammatory processes in the form of acne, pimples, comedones;
- Makes the skin smooth, soft and healthy;
- Whiten the epidermis, which is useful in the presence of age spots;
- Effectively cope with peeling and irritation of the skin of the face;
- Normalize the work of the sebaceous glands;
- Eliminate oily sheen.
Strawberries for making masks are useful to mix with other ingredients. This increases the effectiveness of cosmetics. Depending on the result they want to achieve, additional honey, eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, yogurt, vegetables, etc. are used. It is worth noting that for dry skin types, products with a high percentage of fat content are added to the mask. For example, fatty cottage cheese, sour cream or cream. For oily skin type, drying ingredients are used.
For whom are strawberry masks recommended?
Cosmetologists recommend making strawberry masks to everyone without exception. They are great for any skin type. You can do berry cosmetic procedures for both young girls and mature women. The tool perfectly fights with any skin problems and has a complex effect on the source of the problem.
You can get the maximum benefit from strawberry masks with:
- The presence of small mimic wrinkles on the skin of the face;
- The first signs of aging and wilting;
- Dry and oily skin types. In the first case, strawberry masks nourish and moisturize, in the second, they narrow pores and cleanse;
- Tendency to the appearance of acne and acne;
- The presence of age spots: freckles, lentigo, melasma, chloasma, etc.;
- Reduced natural protective functions of the epidermis;
- Excessive susceptibility to weather conditions, sunlight.
Despite all the beneficial properties of strawberries, berry masks have contraindications for use. In order for the procedures to take place without side effects, some recommendations should be followed.
The use of strawberry masks for cosmetic purposes is not recommended in the following cases:
- Individual intolerance. Before starting the procedure, an allergic reaction test should be performed;
- Open wounds, abrasions, cuts on the skin of the face. As a result, strawberry masks can cause irritation, burning and inflammation of the epidermis;
- Close location of capillaries to the surface of the skin;
- The presence of advanced inflammatory processes on the skin of the face.
Otherwise, strawberry masks will be useful for everyone to use.
Recipes for strawberry masks
Homemade masks made from strawberries have a pronounced effect. You can notice the first improvements after the first 4 procedures. However, having noticed a positive result, you should not stop there. The minimum course of treatment is 1 month. After this time, you can take a two-week break and repeat the course of procedures.
As a result of regular use of strawberry masks, the skin becomes moisturized, toned, smooth, clean and healthy. The tone of the face is evened out, pimples and blackheads disappear, and age spots become lighter. Among the abundance of recipes for strawberry masks, there is one universal one that is suitable for everyone.
You will need to prepare the ingredients:
- Potato – 1 pc. medium size;
- Strawberries – 6-8 berries;
- Cream – 30-50 gr.
Boiled potatoes and strawberries are ground into a pulp. Cream is added to the vegetable and berry mixture. All three components are thoroughly mixed to obtain a homogeneous mass. The strawberry and potato mask is ready to use. The mixture is applied to cleansed skin and distributed evenly over the entire surface of the face. After 15 min. the remnants of the product should be washed off with warm water. You can also rinse your face with herbal infusion, so the effect after the procedure will be more noticeable.
This universal strawberry mask tones the skin of the face, smoothes wrinkles and maintains the hydrobalance of the epidermis. The procedure should be carried out 1-2 times a week.
For oily skin
Strawberry cosmetic masks will help normalize the work of the sebaceous glands. To increase the effectiveness of the procedures, the berry should be mixed with other ingredients. Clay, lemon juice, alcohol solutions have a drying effect on the skin of the face.
You can get rid of oily sheen with a strawberry mask with white clay. To prepare the product, you will need to mix freshly squeezed juice from raspberries, strawberries and cherries in equal proportions. The resulting liquid is diluted with white clay to a homogeneous consistency. The mixture is applied to the skin of the face in a dense layer. After a quarter of an hour, the remnants of the product are washed off with warm water. For faster results, use a moisturizer after the procedure.
You can deal with excessive oily skin with the help of strawberry lemon mask. Would need…