Face creams with retinol: a list of the best products
Youth does not remain with a person forever; with age, the body loses the components that provide health and beauty. Thanks to scientists and cosmetics manufacturers, women have many opportunities to regain their former attractiveness of the skin.
One of the important ingredients in cosmetic products is vitamin A. It keeps our body healthy by providing strong immunity and helping our organs to function. The vitamin is found in fish oil, beans, liver, and many fruits and vegetables. When retinol was removed from these products, it did not combine well with other ingredients, as oxidation occurred, after which the substance became unusable. Chemists have succeeded in developing a retinoid that is now used in cosmetics.
How does retinol affect the skin?
Retinol stimulates the creation of its own collagen and elastin in the epidermis, regenerates cells, and prevents the body from wilting. Vitamin A is a fat-soluble antioxidant that neutralizes the reactions of active molecules. The substance affects regeneration, removes toxins and eliminates skin problems.
Retinol, also known as pure vitamin A, can dehydrate the skin, so you should use a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid or gluconolactone along with it.
Retinol cream has the following effects on the body:
- Rejuvenates the skin of the face;
- Promotes rapid regeneration of the upper layer of epidermal cells;
- Protects from the influence of sunlight;
- Regulates metabolic processes at the cellular level;
- Normalizes hydrobalance, preventing dryness and flaking;
- Influences the processes of blood circulation, strengthens the walls of capillaries, thereby improving oxygen metabolism, the supply of nutrients, vitamins E and C, macro and microelements;
- Returns skin elasticity and freshness due to the activation of collagen and elastin fibers;
- Reduces the greasiness of the dermis;
- Improves tone;
- Eliminates age spots;
- Smoothes wrinkles, increases the elasticity of the epidermis, improves turgor, smoothes the surface.
Indications and contraindications
Creams with retinol are distributed by age category: 35+, 45+, 55+, 60+. A certain amount of the substance is provided for each age, it is very important not to exaggerate with the dosage.
Indications for the use of retinol cream:
- Eczema and dermatitis, including atopic variant;
- Superficial abrasions and skin cracks;
- Age-related skin changes;
- Skin diseases associated with a violation of the processes of keratinization and protein formation;
- In order to activate reparative processes in dermatoses after therapy based on glucocorticoids.
With all its useful properties, the cream has a number of contraindications. Vitamin A is irreplaceable, but it has a very strong effect on the body and, if taken too much, this will contribute to the appearance of allergic reactions.
Before buying a retinol cream, apply a little of it to the skin of your hand. If within a couple of days you continue to feel good and the skin where you applied the cream does not change in any way, then buy the product.
Contraindications to the use of cream with retinol:
- The presence of gallstone disease;
- Hypersensitivity of the epidermis to the ingredients of the drug, leading to irritation;
- Diseases of the circulatory system;
- Individual intolerance to vitamin A, which provokes allergies;
Often, at first, retinol products cause drowsiness, a slight headache, and lethargy. These side effects pass quickly once your body gets used to the composition. One of the basic rules: a small dosage. To get started, get a cream with a small concentrate of retinol, if your skin reacts painlessly, then you can gradually increase the dose.
How to choose a cream with retinol for the face?
Vitamin A is capricious, it is difficult to combine with other ingredients in cosmetics. Under the influence of solar radiation, it is destroyed, and if the dosage is incorrect, it leads to irritation and peeling of the skin.
Vitamin A is weaker than retinol. After applying it to the skin, our body makes some effort to convert the vitamin into retinoic acid. Otherwise, maximum absorption and subsequent benefits for the skin will not be possible.
Before buying a cream with retinol, you should understand its forms. Several are used in cosmetology. forms of vitamin A:
- Retinoid. It cures hyperpigmentation, acne and wrinkles by entering the epidermal cell without conversion. The retinoid is effective, but using this substance, there is a high probability of skin problems – redness and irritation. This phenomenon disappears when the dosage is normalized. Available with medical prescription.
- Retinol. Beauticians like to use products with this ingredient because it is able to penetrate the dermis due to its small molecular weight. In cosmetology, pure retinol is usually used. Conversion to acid suppresses effectiveness, but this makes retinol work just as well. The substance retains a sufficient amount of punch. From unaccustomed skin can be covered with light irritations, which soon pass. Retinol is a good replacement for tretinic acid.
- Retinol palmitate. This substance will be needed with a high percentage of concentration, because the combination of retinol and palmitic acid turns into retinoic acid for a very long time. The duration of this process leads to the inability to distinguish the DNA of the cell.
- Retinaldehyde. The expensive ingredient is a form of vitamin A close to retinoic acid. It can lead to mild irritation that passes very quickly. To turn into an acid, a substance needs a minimal transformation. However, the concentration of the ingredient should also be monitored here, it should vary from 0.05% to 0.1%, in which case the effect will be maximum.
Retinol cream is not only an anti-aging agent, it also copes well with skin imperfections such as acne, acne, post-acne. A lot depends on what you want to fix.
Types of creams with retinol:
- Day. Since retinol does not like ultraviolet rays, due to which it is destroyed, retinoid compounds are added instead.
- Night. Vitamin A works most effectively at night, as there is no need to resist the sun’s rays. At night, the skin responds well to care that stimulates cell renewal.
- Cream for the area around the eyes. The skin in this area is delicate and sensitive, so it often suffers from dehydration. So that the epidermis is not dry and irritated, retinol is placed in small proportions, mixed with moisturizing ingredients such as aloe and hyaluronic acid.
- Cream for the neck and décolleté. Retinol…