Well-groomed hands and beautiful nails with a carefully thought-out design are the calling card of a modern fashionable woman. Tidy nails noticeably raise self-esteem and mood, give self-confidence. Moreover, a beautiful manicure raises the status of a woman, determines a benevolent attitude. However, it is far from always possible and time to visit nail salons regularly. It is not surprising that fashionistas are often concerned about the topical question: “How to do a manicure at home?”.
Experienced nail masters say: nothing is impossible. With good tools, special tools and minimal experience, the process of processing and decorating nails is always successful. You just need not be afraid to try your hand, “fill your hand.” And the recommendations of experts will help to master the beautiful and necessary art of nail design at a decent level.
How to do a manicure at home: the tools and tools you need to do it
It is no secret that the success of any work depends on properly selected, high-quality tools. Nail care is no exception. It is on the tools that the impeccable appearance of the fingers, the speed and correctness of the manicure depends. For the traditional trimming technique, you need:
- accessories for cutting the cuticle and keratinized skin from the side rollers – manicure scissors, cuticle nippers with a flat blade. Also, the cuticle can be removed with nail clippers and a pusher with a sharp pike blade. The most famous and sought-after professional brand are products of the Solinger brand made of solid tool steel;
- pusher-pusher designed to move and lift the cuticle. It happens one- and two-sided. At one end there is always a spatula in the form of an oar, and at the other end there are tips with different purposes. For cutting equipment you will need a hatchet;
- It is convenient to cut the excess length of the plates with a nail clipper. Depending on the length of the blades, it is used for manicures and pedicures. Thanks to its thoughtful design, it is one of the safest cutting tools;
- files 180 grit. These units measure abrasiveness, the exact value must be indicated on the product itself. With such a file, the nails are contoured, the top layer of the plates is cut off to make the surface rougher for better adhesion to the base;
- polisher (buff) with an abrasiveness of 2000 grit. Most often it has the form of a bar or a rounded, voluminous rhombus. There are models with 2-3 working surfaces for different purposes. In this case, the degree of abrasiveness is indicated for each side separately;
- disinfectants – alcohol solution 70%; chlorhexidine; pharmaceutical antiseptic for disinfection of hands, surfaces and tools;
- wooden sticks for moving cuticles. Made from orange tree;
- nail polish remover;
- soft clean towel or napkins, cotton pads; Volumetric ceramic container for caring procedures.
Choosing the Right Manicure Tools
Ladies who take the first steps in mastering nail care and nail design often make mistakes when choosing tools. Manufacturers offer a lot of devices, not all of which are useful and safe. What do experts recommend?
- Orange sticks are an excellent solution for working with the cuticle, cleaning out the eponychium. They injure the skin and the plate less than metal counterparts.
- It is best to trim the raised cuticle with wire cutters – they are more convenient, do not leave burrs.
- Theoretically, nail forks should remove the cuticle. In practice, the sharp ends leave deep, bleeding scratches, capture living skin, injuring it. It is better to refuse them.
When choosing cutting tools, you need to pay attention to the quality of steel and sharpening. Since no pressure is allowed on the area of the nail plate, the blades must be very sharp.
Nail files: types, purpose
- 80 grit – coarse, designed for filing artificial plates;
- 100-150 – medium, give shape to artificial nails;
- 180-240 – soft, for natural plates;
- 400-2000 – polishing buffs.
The movements of the file are carried out in one direction so that the edges do not fray, and always on a dry surface.
Formation of the free edge
The formation of marigolds is a great way to correct their shortcomings, to give a more elegant, aristocratic appearance. The edges are filed symmetrically, the plates should have the same length.
Oval and square are suitable for any size, but almonds and other pointed shapes are best done on elongated nails.
Trim manicure technique
Step by step instructions:
- wash your hands, treat with an antiseptic;
- remove old varnish, degrease the plates;
- in a bowl, steam the cuticle on the fingers of one hand, move it with a pusher;
- clean out the pterygium, cut off the dead white skin on the rollers and cuticle;
- moisturize the skin with oil.
If there is no desire to paint nails, apply a layer of colorless base.
Or start nail design.
As a nail polish, the ancient Chinese used a mixture of beeswax, gelatin, egg whites and gum arabic resin. Natural dyes from rose petals and orchids were responsible for the color.
Unedged processing of nails and skin during manicure
It is carried out without steaming, dry. Its peculiarity is that dead skin and cuticles are not cut off. To soften the dead skin, special alkaline or acid solutions are used. Before using the product, you must read the instructions. Some funds need to be washed off, and soft fruit formulations can be left, as they have a beneficial effect on the condition of the fingers. The softened cuticle is shifted with sticks, and the rollers are polished with a buff.
European unedged technique:
- wash hands, disinfect;
- apply creatolytic to the cuticle and rollers;
- move the rollers with a stick, grind with a 180 grit file;
- remove the softened cuticle with a stick;
- degrease nails with alcohol;
- apply varnish in accordance with the chosen design.
How to properly apply a layer of varnish during a manicure
Fresh gel polish is no hassle. It lays down beautifully and dries quickly. If the composition has become thicker, it should be diluted by adding 3-5 drops of lacquer thinner to the bottle. Do not use acetone or nail polish remover!
Bright and dark colors of varnishes: how to apply manicure correctly
- First, a base is applied to the plate.
- Lacquer is collected on the brush, carried out along the neck to remove excess.
- The brush is placed in the center, at an angle of 450. They lead from the center to the base. Then it is carried out along the same strip, to the free tip, without stopping, with a smooth movement, without tearing off the instrument.
- The brush is placed at the beginning of the dyed strip, perpendicular to the finger. They lead to the side, round off and continue moving along the roller to the tip, coloring …