Contrary to popular belief, a pedicure performed by a qualified specialist is not just beautifully designed nails.
A standard session includes a set of procedures:
- care with healing and regenerating drugs;
- careful treatment of heels, feet and fingers, nail plates;
- decorative nail design.
All operations are performed in stages, giving the skin of the feet and nails a neat, well-groomed appearance.
The pedicure procedure is recommended for both women and men. After all, the problem of foot health exists, regardless of gender or age. The result of regular visits to the nail master is noticeable almost immediately: the legs hurt less, they look healthy, and the skin pleases with its velvety and pleasant, natural color.
Such heels and nails can be proudly shown in open shoes, without any doubt go on vacation or visit the pool. We will talk about what a proper pedicure is and what techniques exist in this article.
What does a modern master do when performing a pedicure
The condition of the legs, skin and nail plates is individual for each person. That is why an experienced specialist begins his work with a thorough examination. It determines whether care procedures were carried out, and for how long, whether the nails are healthy, whether there are painful cracks and fungus on the skin.
Based on the results of the analysis, the master selects the most suitable set of procedures and recommends it to the client. Sometimes the nails and skin of the feet require a course of procedures. If the condition is excellent, then there are no contraindications.
With all the differences, the methods of processing toenails have a number of common steps:
- removal of old coatings, extended nails;
- softening and removal of the cuticle, keratinized skin on the lateral ridges and fingertips;
- elimination of corns, cracks, dead skin on the entire area of the feet;
- treatment of ingrown nail plates;
- the formation of marigolds according to the chosen nail design, to the desired length.
The number and duration of procedures, processing stages entirely depend on the health and appearance of the feet, chosen by the master of tools. So, a hardware or edged technique allows you to complete all the steps in half an hour. And spa treatments take time.
Since manual care of neglected feet requires a lot of effort, a more modern solution was required. In the 60s of the XX century, the first pedicure routers with sets of nozzles appeared on sale.
The main methods of processing and caring for the feet and nail plates on the legs in 2022
There are several common processing methods, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Classical or edged is made with tools that are well known to everyone – wire cutters, pushers, scissors, saws and buffs, scrapers. At the same time, there is a risk of cuts and injuries if the master does not have enough experience.
- With hardware, as the name implies, a milling cutter and a set of cutter nozzles and polishers are used. Does not require steaming the legs, eliminates the risk of skin damage.
- The combined method allows you to combine different techniques, including edged and hardware, at the discretion of the specialist.
- The European method is more gentle. Softeners are used instead of cutting tools.
- Japanese pedicure is a care and healing technique based on national traditions and folk medicine.
- Medical procedures are performed only by qualified doctors. They treat infected and damaged nails, skin, remove warts, ingrown plates.
- SPA procedures include various types of care and wellness manipulations, relaxing melodies, without the use of cutting tools or milling cutters, decorative coatings.
A pedicure made by an experienced master is a guarantee of healthy, beautiful feet. Relieving pain, preventing the development of skin diseases and deformations of the nail plates, the procedure improves overall well-being, has a beneficial effect on mood.